Making a model and assigning it to a playermodel

Go to solution Solved by Lancelot,

Hello there! So, it's been a few months since i started to work with modelling and all that. I've been able to create some hilts (but not even close to the ones Ashura does) and make them work on JKA... this time, i want to create a mask and assign it to a playermodel's head.

Now, i know what to do when it comes to creating and texturing the model itself but the problem is about assigning it to the playermodel so it can work properly. So my question is, what should i do? Does it need a modifier to work or do i have to do something on the Object data (vertex group, shape keys...)

I'm using Blender atm since it's the best free program i could find and i've been using it since i started learning about modelling.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, is it allowed to take rip models and use it in this forum?

Using models from different games is okay, as long as you share them only in the forum (by using file hosting services such as MEGA or Dropbox). But you are not allowed to upload them directly to JKHub.

lordmuda likes this

Using models from different games is okay, as long as you share them only in the forum (by using file hosting services such as MEGA or Dropbox). But you are not allowed to upload them directly to JKHub.

By the way, i do have ported models. But i have zero experience porting them into JK, where can i get some help to do this?

By the way, i do have ported models. But i have zero experience porting them into JK, where can i get some help to do this?

Take a look at the link in the second post above. It's may be about "frankensteining" (mixing many models), but the technique pretty much the same.

If you still need help, ask Jeff, who is an expert in that field.

lordmuda likes this

Take a look at the link in the second post above. It's may be about "frankensteining" (mixing many models), but the technique pretty much the same.

If you still need help, ask Jeff, who is an expert in that field.

Jeff? how can i contact him?