Blender LOD error help (SWTOR model for Jedi Academy)

Go to solution Solved by DarthValeria,

Guys as i posted a topic about blender, about exporting problem before

I have solved those problems thanks to ooeJack's a lot os helps

But now i have a new problem as i am so close to the end and i cannot find a solution about this

Please help me and contact me in discord if possible

1.JPG

You can take a look to file solve the problem if you want

Please help me, it's so important

This error occurs because the edges that make the UVMap seams aren't split in the mesh. Basically, select the mesh (in this case head3), enter Edit Mode, switch to UV/Image Editor, press on the "Keep UV and edit mode mesh selection in sync" button (so to synchronize UV/Image Editor selection and mesh edge selection), select all the edges which contour the islands, then switch to 3D View, press Ctrl + E, and then D, and that will basically split all those edges in two - which means the vertex count will also increase, so be mindful of that if the mesh has a complex geometry (that is, if it's close to 1000 vertices). Hope this helps.

DarthValeria likes this

This error occurs because the edges that make the UVMap seams aren't split in the mesh. Basically, select the mesh (in this case head3), enter Edit Mode, switch to UV/Image Editor, press on the "Keep UV and edit mode mesh selection in sync" button (so to synchronize UV/Image Editor selection and mesh edge selection), select all the edges which contour the islands, then switch to 3D View, press Ctrl + E, and then D, and that will basically split all those edges in two - which means the vertex count will also increase, so be mindful of that if the mesh has a complex geometry (that is, if it's close to 1000 vertices). Hope this helps.

It helped me a lot but now it says this  :)

2.JPG

I tried what you've suggested here, but I think I don't really get the "edges which contour the islands" part. 

@@Maui You want to select the outer edges of the mesh, basically.  So like in this screenshot, you would want to select the edges that connect the front and back of the torso (sides and shoulders).  The edges of the neck/arms/waist probably don't matter since they're technically already split with the other objects.

T6bX3Q5.png

What you can also do is press A to select all, spacebar, type Seams from Islands (only seems to work if the seams haven't already been split.  If they have, A -> spacebar -> remove doubles first).

The 2.79 plugin does this for you at export tho.

DarthValeria likes this

@@Maui You want to select the outer edges of the mesh, basically.  So like in this screenshot, you would want to select the edges that connect the front and back of the torso (sides and shoulders).  The edges of the neck/arms/waist probably don't matter since they're technically already split with the other objects.

T6bX3Q5.png

What you can also do is press A to select all, spacebar, type Seams from Islands (only seems to work if the seams haven't already been split.  If they have, A -> spacebar -> remove doubles first).

The 2.79 plugin does this for you at export tho.

I have this problem when i ever try to export it

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\DarthValeria\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\jediacademy\JAG2Operators.py", line 182, in execute
    success, message = scene.saveToGLM(filepath)
  File "C:\Users\DarthValeria\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\jediacademy\JAG2Scene.py", line 107, in saveToGLM
    success, message = self.glm.saveToFile(glm_filepath_abs)
  File "C:\Users\DarthValeria\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\jediacademy\JAG2GLM.py", line 1017, in saveToFile
    self.LODCollection.saveToFile(file)
  File "C:\Users\DarthValeria\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\jediacademy\JAG2GLM.py", line 876, in saveToFile
    LOD.saveToFile(file)
  File "C:\Users\DarthValeria\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\jediacademy\JAG2GLM.py", line 773, in saveToFile
    surface.saveToFile(file)
  File "C:\Users\DarthValeria\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\jediacademy\JAG2GLM.py", line 605, in saveToFile
    vert.saveToFile(file)
  File "C:\Users\DarthValeria\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\jediacademy\JAG2GLM.py", line 366, in saveToFile
    assert(len(self.weights) == self.numWeights)
AssertionError

1.JPG

2.JPG

I have this problem now

Can you help me pls?

1.JPG

2.JPG

@Artemis @Maui @Ramikad @Noodle @ooeJack @Jeff @Tompa9 @Circa

Here i thank all those guys who helped me exporting a model from swtor to jedi academy, each of them helped me with their own tactics and ways

And at long last i have managed to export my toon with alora body as .glm and it works perfectly

If we dont count weight problems but it'll be fixed easily

I owe you guys so much, thanks to you all, i will be able to convert my toons for future jedi academy machinimas
as Dark Times, Old Republic, New Republic, Clone Wars Eras

I hope you all will have a nice and prosperous future and career ^_^

I love you all guys <3

KotF_2_2019-04-05_00-39-47-25.jpg

KotF_2_2019-04-05_00-40-02-16.jpg

KotF_2_2019-04-05_00-40-07-80.jpg

KotF_2_2019-04-05_00-40-21-27.jpg

TheWhitePhoenix, ooeJack and Jeff like this
  • 1 month later...