JKA Master Server down?????

Maybe it's just me but I think the JKA official master server is down? Anyone else able to confirm that? It's been a few weeks since I played so I don't know when this started but I didn't see any topic on it.

I'm well aware of alternative methods to connect to servers and alternative master lists. Just concerned about the status of the official master list

i think that those russians ddosing masterserver again like a few years go. there is a new discord server where russians trying to restore esl section and attract people to spamming technical support with strange hashtags and flood letters technical support. i think that thisTray is behind all this flashmob and he personally or someone else from his surroundings ddoses server and they're trying people pay attention to this flashmob, he even created a special form and gave to the russian players special form involving them to spam technical support and some esl admin and ddos, this is just an additional way to get attention to this flashmob

i uploaded screenshots to imgur and translated main post of this flashmob https://jkhub.org/albums/eX9xgMj

it seems to me that they provoked some kind of ddoses or they themselves decided to do so

Tray likes this

i think that those russians ddosing masterserver again like a few years go. there is a new discord server where russians trying to restore esl section and attract people to spamming technical support with strange hashtags and flood letters technical support. i think that thisTray is behind all this flashmob and he personally or someone else from his surroundings ddoses server and they're trying people pay attention to this flashmob, he even created a special form and gave to the russian players special form involving them to spam technical support and some esl admin and ddos, this is just an additional way to get attention to this flashmob

i uploaded screenshots to imgur and translated main post of this flashmob https://jkhub.org/albums/eX9xgMj

it seems to me that they provoked some kind of ddoses or they themselves decided to do so

lmao, that feeling when you just support eu "flashmob" but people call you as its creator, sorry, Tibby, gg no re xd And yeah, thank you for thinking that i am such russian Dr. Evil, was laughin' so much :DDD

not-sure-if-trolling.jpg

Tray and Smoo like this
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys!

I noticed today that the Azure subdomain ravenmaster.cloudapp.net was no longer registered, so I took the initiative of registering a virtual machine on Azure and attached that subdomain to it - and it's working! Right now I'm running a custom version of dpmaster for SoF2 on it and servers are slowly populating the new master server.

Because I don't know what Raven Software has in mind with the subdomains I'm planning on waiting about a month to see if the DNS records don't change before taking the imitative to support other games, such as JK2 and JK3. More info: http://1fx.uk.to/forums/index.php?/topic/2342-master-server-is-back/

Maybe now is a good time to start thinking about support for the other games though, and maybe someone here could give me some insight on how JK2 and JK3 handle this internally. Do they handle the traffic the same way as SoF2 or is there something else involved as well? Could perhaps someone list the master server addresses here and the ports involved, or help thinking about what other games we should also support?

Love to hear from you!

Hi guys!

I noticed today that the Azure subdomain ravenmaster.cloudapp.net was no longer registered, so I took the initiative of registering a virtual machine on Azure and attached that subdomain to it - and it's working! Right now I'm running a custom version of dpmaster for SoF2 on it and servers are slowly populating the new master server.

Because I don't know what Raven Software has in mind with the subdomains I'm planning on waiting about a month to see if the DNS records don't change before taking the imitative to support other games, such as JK2 and JK3. More info: http://1fx.uk.to/forums/index.php?/topic/2342-master-server-is-back/

Maybe now is a good time to start thinking about support for the other games though, and maybe someone here could give me some insight on how JK2 and JK3 handle this internally. Do they handle the traffic the same way as SoF2 or is there something else involved as well? Could perhaps someone list the master server addresses here and the ports involved, or help thinking about what other games we should also support?

Love to hear from you!

Dear god add "Caelish" on steam and speak to him

https://steamcommunity.com/id/caelish/

Smoo and {JoF} Atlas like this
  • 4 weeks later...