Df robotics facility

Hi fellow JK fans,

Please let me introduce myself - back in the 1990s I was a keen DF modder & mapper. I followed Kyle Katarn through the subsequent games, but only started learning how to make JO & JA maps in the last year. Taught myself everything from the ground up, with help from some of the tutorials here - GtkRadiant, scripting, shaders, etc.

Like everyone else here (no doubt), I fell in love with the DF Mod that re-created the first 6 DF levels in the JA engine. I decided that to help me learn how to map for JA, and for a fun project of my own, I would attempt to create one of the DF levels from scratch (level 8, the Robotics Facility). So I've spent the last 12 months or so doing that, and finally have 99% of a functioning level completed. It is very simple - it does not have nearly the amount of architectural detail as "proper" maps, but I'm fairly satisfied with the result and I'd like to upload it here as a beta for people to play if they're interested.

I have poached a couple of textures from the DF Mod, but at present most of the NPCs, items, etc. are original to JA. The textures used in my map are directly ported from DF, so they are low res and unfortunately not very nice looking. Making nice textures is not my skill.

EDIT
Link to download the mod: https://jkhub.org/files/file/3544-df-robotics-facility-remake/

TheWhitePhoenix, Jeff and Smoo like this
  • 1 month later...

Okay. The level is ready to play. I've called it a "beta" but I'm not sure I'll be making any future versions. It all depends.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgon8oz03c5qu1z/DF_Robotics.zip?dl=0

Size: about 9MB.

Unzip to your JA GameData directory. Then load JA (SP), load the mod, and type "map robotics" into the console.

Please report any bugs, or problems with loading the mod.

Psyk0Sith and Jeff like this
  • 1 month later...