Greetings

jereth

Hi fellow JK fans,

Please let me introduce myself - back in the 1990s I was a keen DF modder & mapper. I followed Kyle Katarn through the subsequent games, but only started learning how to make JO & JA maps in the last year. Taught myself everything from the ground up, with help from some of the tutorials here - GtkRadiant, scripting, shaders, etc.

Like everyone else here (no doubt), I fell in love with the DF Mod that re-created the first 6 DF levels in the JA engine. I decided that to help me learn how to map for JA, and for a fun project of my own, I would attempt to create one of the DF levels from scratch (level 8, the Robotics Facility). So I've spent the last 12 months or so doing that, and finally have 99% of  a functioning level completed. It is VERY simple - it does not have nearly the amount of details as "proper" maps, but I'm fairly satisfied with the result and I'd like to upload it here as a beta for people to play if they're interested.

I have poached a couple of textures from the DF Mod, but at present most of the NPCs, items, etc. are original to JA.

At this stage, all I really have to do is a final compile to BSP and the put it all in a PK3 and it will be right to go.

cheers.