SP saber offense and defense

So I'm trying to figure out how these powers work in Single Player saber combat. They're kinda strange the way their coded, as their effects in saber combat are very subtle and they're not very important.

My findings:

Saber Offense:

- The game's description for this is wrong.

- Goes all the way up to level 7

- This does not increase your chance to break a parry whatsoever. Whether I had it set at 1 or 7 it was exactly the same, sometimes my swings would be knocked away, sometimes not. (tested with single medium and staff)

- This does not add saber styles.

- This ONLY seems to affect your strength in saber locks (1 your weak, and at 7 your ridiculously strong)

Saber Defense:

- Level 1: you can be disarmed by having your attack parried (sounds like something SOffense would do :huh: ) or by being hit by a strong attack.

- Level 2: you can no longer be disarmed by having your attack parried, and your defense is slightly stronger.

- Level 3: your guard is slightly stronger, you can parry/knockaway some saber attacks (only at this level).

Does anyone know how saber offense works exactly? It seems really dumb if it only affects your saber lock strength and absolutely nothing else.

Saber offense DOES add saber styles. It only adds them if you're using a single saber. Ranks 6 and 7 are bugged, they only exist because of a bug where the saber offense max cap is not set correctly (MAX_SABER_STYLES, which worked fine in JK2. Since JKA added two stances which add on to rank 3, this is broken). Since stances are technically added on to instead of changed, it's likely that the entire system is totally broken for stances because they did not do this correctly in a few spots (such as stance changing)

Ranks 4 and 5 add Tavion and Desann stances, respectively, which are unused in JA. Changing from Desann to Blue does not work, you are stuck at Desann.

Hmm, okay that makes more sense. The saber styles don't work for me though under my circumstances. Like say I devmap mp/duel1 in SP. I'll only have medium style. Yet my saber offense level is 3. And as I change my offense level my stances don't change. Perhaps though that's because I'm sort of bending the game's rules, or I'm not doing things the normal way.

Saber Offense 1-7 do have another effect. They definitely increase your strength in a saber lock as you go up. At level 7 I can easily win a saberlock against say... tavion or desann. And normally that's extremely difficult or almost impossible at saber offense 3.

Okay, so as far as I can tell, after trying in a normal game scenario, Saber offense does not directly change your styles in/of itself, or at least by me going into the console doing setsaberoffense x. But in idealogy it does kinda I guess. Your saber styles are affected by some hidden power.

Besides saber locks what other little things does it do exactly? I'm just trying to understand it a bit better, partially to write a better ingame description of it. What did you mean by a "mask of styles" exactly? I'd imagine your referring to the hidden power I just mentioned.