Operation: Knightfall will be delayed

Linken

Hello everyone!

As I'm sure you've read the title, yes, Operation: Knightfall will be delayed indefinitely, however, hopefully not for too much longer. There is a reason for this however.

Darth Voiid (the main mission designer for Knightfall) and I discussed in great length how we want the main part of the mission to go. We spent a few hours looking at the Jedi Temple maps we currently have loaded into the mod, and we both came to the same conclusion: It's not going to work.

Due to the lack of linearity the map provides, there will be way too much trouble to even attempt to create a mission. There are too many paths in the map, way too easy to get lost, accidentally backtrack. Long story short, we feel that creating the main part of the mission in the Jedi Temple map we have will prove more frustrating than entertaining to you, the playerbase.

We have secured a few new mappers on the team who are very eager to get to work, and we've asked them to create a new Jedi Temple map for us. With a new map, we can offer a more linear experience and allow you to enjoy the mission as it is meant to be played.

We do of course feel bad that we're only going to release half of a promised update. We promised to release two new missions to you with our next update, and it hurts our hearts to break this promise.

In our hopes to make it up to you all, in between the release of Father vs. Son (at 12AM UTC +1 on February 9th) and Operation: Knightfall, we will release a new bonus mission depicting an event shown in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series which I hope you all will enjoy.

So to quickly recap, here's our current roadmap:

1. Father Vs. Son (Return of the Jedi) - February 9th, 2019.

2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Bonus Mission

3. Operation: Knightfall (Revenge of the Sith)

4. 2.2 Production

Again, we apologize for this delay, and we hope for your continued support.

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, and may the Force be with you.

Don't feel bad guys I am sure nobody minds waiting for however long it will take you guys. Your mod is incredible and you guys are working very hard on something that you don't even get paid for. Thank you so much for what you've done so far and I look to the future with great anticipation of what you guys will continue to do with this mod.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this