+saberstyleMenu

Hello! Is it possible to open the saber style menu, allow the player to pick a second one and then return back to what they were doing in the same level? My experiments so far are taking me to new levels or the mission select screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hello! Is it possible to open the saber style menu, allow the player to pick a second one and then return back to what they were doing in the same level? My experiments so far are taking me to new levels or the mission select screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I think that was possible, but you needed one of those mods that extended the engine's scripts or whatnot. Or maybe those were just experimental?  :ph34r: 

Speaking of which, what mod are you making/ playing? Sounds like something I'd like to play too. :lol:

I think that was possible, but you needed one of those mods that extended the engine's scripts or whatnot. Or maybe those were just experimental?  :ph34r:

Sounds like it may be something beyond my reach! I'll look for ways around it for now. :)

Speaking of which, what mod are you making/ playing? Sounds like something I'd like to play too. :lol:

Same mod as usual. I'm just trying to add things to it.  ^_^

Sounds like it may be something beyond my reach! I'll look for ways around it for now. :)

Same mod as usual. I'm just trying to add things to it.  ^_^

I think it was @@Noodle that had something like that, but I can be mistaking.

Hmm, I think I once played some unfinished mod where you took the role of Jaden's apprentice or something, and the protagonist was a female Twi'lek, but her textures were kinda strange, and the first level was on a Yavin-like training map, but a different one from JKA. Is it that mod? :huh:

Progress!

In the ui/saberstyle.menu file, I've changed this bit:

action 
{ 
uiScript  "updatesabercvars"
uiScript  "updatefightingstyle"
close all
setcvar tier_storyinfo "7"
setcvar storyhead "protocol"
open ingameGotoTier
// HACK We're expecting to go to a mission screen from here
playvoice "sound/chars/storyinfo/7.mp3"
}

to this:

action 
{ 
uiScript "updatesabercvars"
uiScript "updatefightingstyle"
play "sound/interface/button1.wav" ; 
uiScript closeingame // Close menu
}

The menu now loads and allows me to select a secondary saber style. Once I make my choice and click resume to return to game, I can change stance. However, I am unable to change back to medium after changing to whichever new stance I've selected. Any help on what I could be overlooking would be awesome!

https://youtu.be/XaU2VjHkQ14