Can't access jkhub from ipad

My ipad browser says 'Safari cannot establish secure connection' when I'm trying to access jkhub from it. Strangely enough, this issue appeared just recently, a couple of days ago. Is there some issue with the site's security protocol, certificate, or whatnot? :huh:

Please don't tell me to update my browser because i'm using ipad 1, and there's nothing i can really update on it anymore (and i'm not gonna get a new tablet, this one suits me fine enough).

If you're using an iPad one, then you're using a severely outdated browser. That's the issue, and there's nothing we can do about it.

The first generation iPad can only go up to iOS 5. That was released in 2011. It's great that it still works for what you use it for, but more and more websites are going to give you errors like that, as security and web standards continue to change. Web security today compared to 2011 is vastly different.

Also, once we move to the new forum software in the next couple of months, you may run into more issues.

I know you don't want to hear it, but I recommend upgrading to a new tablet soon if you plan on using it for browsing, simply for the sake of your personal information being at risk as it continues to age and be vulnerable to security breaches.

If you're using an iPad one, then you're using a severely outdated browser. That's the issue, and there's nothing we can do about it.

The first generation iPad can only go up to iOS 5. That was released in 2011. It's great that it still works for what you use it for, but more and more websites are going to give you errors like that, as security and web standards continue to change. Web security today compared to 2011 is vastly different.

Also, once we move to the new forum software in the next couple of months, you may run into more issues.

I know you don't want to hear it, but I recommend upgrading to a new tablet soon if you plan on using it for browsing, simply for the sake of your personal information being at risk as it continues to age and be vulnerable to security breaches.

I see, but did you guys update anything security related in the recent 1-2 weeks?

Guilty, that was actually me. I switched all SSL certificates from RSA to ECDSA, and dropped support for AES-128-CBC in favour of the more secure AES-128-GCM encryption cipher for all websites my hosting business hosts on the 19th. Either one of those (or both) might've caused it, but if it was the ECDSA thing, you're likely to see that popping up a lot more over the coming months

I see. Thanks for the reply at least. :D

Caelum likes this