Problems with map (command related)

Go to solution Solved by Langerd,

So I don't remember which setting I messed with/altered, but it was at a time when my computer ran JKA with lag. Altering this setting which I don't remember caused some maps to load this way, but it was faster. My computer runs better now (I optimized pk3 files). So I no longer need this setting.

vH4sHha.jpg

As you can see, there is nothing in the distance. When I move my character forward, more of the map reveals itself. When I move my character backward, the map is engulfed in that grey sky you see in the picture.

I need help in what command I need to change to get it back to normal looking, since I completely forgot it, haha. For the record, the map is t2_trip at the start. This is not the only map it does this with. It's a global setting. I even went into the setup menu and reset to default, but this draw distance thing remains even after doing that.

So I don't remember which setting I messed with/altered, but it was at a time when my computer ran JKA with lag. Altering this setting which I don't remember caused some maps to load this way, but it was faster. My computer runs better now (I optimized pk3 files). So I no longer need this setting.

vH4sHha.jpg

As you can see, there is nothing in the distance. When I move my character forward, more of the map reveals itself. When I move my character backward, the map is engulfed in that grey sky you see in the picture.

I need help in what command I need to change to get it back to normal looking, since I completely forgot it, haha. For the record, the map is t2_trip at the start. This is not the only map it does this with. It's a global setting. I even went into the setup menu and reset to default, but this draw distance thing remains even after doing that.

I am pretty sure it is some Vis technique in the map or just simply distance cull with the fog.

I think there is no cheat or tbing in options that is doing this. I believe optimanization thing you are showing us is made for the map.

I am pretty sure it is some Vis technique in the map or just simply distance cull with the fog.

I think there is no cheat or tbing in options that is doing this. I believe optimanization thing you are showing us is made for the map.

I think I am definitely missing some fog.

How hoth2 should look when starting:

0209dc116f8530c180dda53b246687e5.png

How mine looks:

Ks1dJiL.jpg

I have no idea how to get that fog back. I know it was a global setting as it affects pretty much all maps I have even mod maps.

• Solution

I think I am definitely missing some fog.

How hoth2 should look when starting:

0209dc116f8530c180dda53b246687e5.png

How mine looks:

Ks1dJiL.jpg

I have no idea how to get that fog back. I know it was a global setting as it affects pretty much all maps I have even mod maps.

Type in the console - r_drawfog 1. It should work. Probably you have it set on 0

Daedra and ooeJack like this