Omega Skincare Workshop

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

1 hour ago, Thisismyusername said:

Come on, now. At their best, they were mute Boba Fetts. They were there for 2 minutes and died when they actually had something to do. They look cool though.

You know what Boba Fett and the Knights of Ren have in common? They started off as minor characters in the films, but their stories were expanded in other works. Especially Boba Fett not only got his own stories in a variety of forms (both canon and non-canon), but also gained an immense cult-status. Even George Lucas admitted that he had no idea that the character would become so popular. Maybe the Knights of Ren need their time to unfold themselves like Boba Fett did, albeit not on the exact same level. Marvel did some nice comics called The Rise of Kylo Ren, which explores their backstory a bit more.

26 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

You know what Boba Fett and the Knights of Ren have in common? They started off as minor characters in the films, but their stories were expanded in other works. Especially Boba Fett not only got his own stories in a variety of forms (both canon and non-canon), but also gained an immense cult-status. Even George Lucas admitted that he had no idea that the character would become so popular. Maybe the Knights of Ren need their time to unfold themselves like Boba Fett did, albeit not on the exact same level. Marvel did some nice comics called The Rise of Kylo Ren, which explores their backstory a bit more.

Fair enough. Really, I'm just venting my disappointment with the sequels.

10 hours ago, Lancelot said:

This is prolly not the thread to talk about this, so I'll just drop this one comment:

If we got as much Knights of Ren/Phasma/Snoke material as we did for Boba Fett, I'd be all for it.

Instead the first ones got a comic where they're background characters at best, except for their saber-wielding leader. The second got a novel and a 4-issue comic, and that's it. And last one got a comic issue in Age of Resistance which focused on Kylo rather than him.

Boba Fett was everywhere, comics/novels/games for a good chunk of time; they gave us a chance to like this character more. Here, it comes across as: *sigh* i guess we gotta develop them more in a comic, now. Like it's a mandatory assignment, rather than a universe expansion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...