Game crashes when opening console

FinAllu2

So I downloaded and installed KotF 2.1 Beta and all of its updates and deleted the .pk3 files mentioned in the Readme file and I run the game as Admin. Everything worked fine at start but now when I load any mission and then open up the console my game crashes. At first I could open the console, use clear command to be able to see what I'm typing in the console and type commands like god, setforceall 12, etc but now it just crashes when opening the console. So any ideas how to fix this?

try updating kotf with launcher on our moddb page

Am I supposed to trust this sketchy program? 19 out of 69 Anti-Virus softwares flag KotF-Updater.exe as Trojan.Generic including some of the biggest AV's with best protection out there like Bitdefender, F-Secure and Ad-Aware. Yes there is a chance that it is false positive but am I going to take that risk? No, not now until I'm sure the file is safe. I need a proof that the file is safe.

Here is the results of the analysis https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ad8cb851bbd45059f17edf2ffecc4142764c3f016b93b6456da04f8525b8e27b/detection

Am I supposed to trust this sketchy program? 19 out of 69 Anti-Virus softwares flag KotF-Updater.exe as Trojan.Generic including some of the biggest AV's with best protection out there like Bitdefender, F-Secure and Ad-Aware. Yes there is a chance that it is false positive but am I going to take that risk? No, not now until I'm sure the file is safe. I need a proof that the file is safe.

Here is the results of the analysis https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ad8cb851bbd45059f17edf2ffecc4142764c3f016b93b6456da04f8525b8e27b/detection

Here's your proof:

There is no virus, I wrote the thing.

It downloads files from google drive and deletes outdated files. If you give the updater permission, it will shut your computer down for you. I added this feature for fans so if they need to update and it's bedtime, or have to be somewhere and want to update without running up their electricity bills.

Additionally, a majority of our fans use the launcher and have never experienced issues with their computers crashing or any other issues. The only issue was a brief time when the launcher wouldn't start the mod, but that was fixed.

Here's your proof:

There is no virus, I wrote the thing.

It downloads files from google drive and deletes outdated files. If you give the updater permission, it will shut your computer down for you. I added this feature for fans so if they need to update and it's bedtime, or have to be somewhere and want to update without running up their electricity bills.

Additionally, a majority of our fans use the launcher and have never experienced issues with their computers crashing or any other issues. The only issue was a brief time when the launcher wouldn't start the mod, but that was fixed.

Fair enough. I managed to "fix" the crashing. To use the console I load a mission I want to play, press Esc and open the console in the menu and then type 'clear' command to clear the text in console and after that I can use the console without crashing.