How to stop player from jumping out of vehicle?

By the way, it's probably worth mentioning that this is an addon for MBII, where you spawn as a vehicle. So it's fine if it's impossible to actually jump inside it too. At the moment, if you attempt to jump out, the vehicle will freeze in place and the player will be unable to move - certainly not something I want to happen.

By the way, it's probably worth mentioning that this is an addon for MBII, where you spawn as a vehicle. So it's fine if it's impossible to actually jump inside it too. At the moment, if you attempt to jump out, the vehicle will freeze in place and the player will be unable to move - certainly not something I want to happen.

I think there is an option in vehicle file .. but i am not sure. Can you sent us one vehicle files?

Droidy365 likes this

I think there is an option in vehicle file .. but i am not sure. Can you sent us one vehicle files?

prop_barrel
{
name			prop_barrel
type			VH_ANIMAL
numHands		2
lookYaw			45
lookPitch		45
length			136
width			24
height			40
centerOfGravity		"-0.222 0 0"

hideRider		1
killRiderOnDeath	1
waterProof		1

speedMax		500
speedMin		-100
turboSpeed		800
turboDuration		3000
turboRecharge		8000
acceleration		10
decelIdle		20

strafePerc		0.0
bankingSpeed		0.0
rollLimit		0
pitchLimit		0
braking			10
mouseYaw		0.006
turningSpeed		100
turnWhenStopped		0
traction		100
friction		100
maxSlope		0.55
mass			200
armor 			100.0
toughness 		30.0
model			toss_barrel

riderAnim		BOTH_VS_IDLE
flammable		1
explodeFX		"ships/swoop_explosion"

cameraOverride		1
cameraRange			125
cameraVertOffset	0
cameraPitchOffset	0
cameraFOV			80
cameraAlpha			0
}

All the others are the same, but with different models.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

So after all this time, I've finally come up with a solution - VH_WALKER! With it being a walker, the only way to get inside or out is with the use button, which works great!

However, there are some issues. First off, you can "step" (or rather slide) on top of other players, killing them instantly. Friend or foe.
As you can probably tell, this is definitely not desirable. Is there a way to change that in the .veh file? I set mass to 0, but that didn't seem to affect anything. I don't want them to be able to do any damage.

The second issue is that most weapons won't work on it. Only weapons that will are melee, lightsabers, snipers, explosives and electrical weapons. Everything else will just bounce off the vehicle.

OCD2 likes this