Why do you need to make 10 active posts to make a mod request?

As Noodle mentions, the idea is that we want you to contribute to JKHub first before just taking without giving back.  There have been far too many people that get on with an expectancy of being able to request difficult and hard-to-do requests and actually get a response, and to make matters worse they've shown no willingness to learn or contribute or that they've even attempted to try to do their own request first.  This helps curtail those spam-like requests that really just annoy most of us long time modders more than make us interested in contributing to your request.

Lancelot and Circa like this

JKG Developer

Noodle and Futuza are correct. We have an insane amount of user accounts that were made to post a request and never be seen again. I think we have more accounts like that than actual accounts that post regularly. We want people to involve themselves in the community instead of just asking for something and then vanishing when it most likely does not get fulfilled. You're better off learning how to do some basic modding and work your way up to making it yourself. If you end up getting stuck, at least you tried. And at that point you can ask for help, rather than ask for someone to just do it for you. Mods take time to make, and there is learning involved, but it can be fun and rewarding as well. I'm not saying requests are all bad or that none of them get fulfilled. I've fulfilled my share of requests for people. But many times people don't realize just how much is involved with their requests when they make them.

Also, modding is a very personal thing. Most people make mods for themselves, and share them for other people to enjoy as well. If you're not interested in what you're making, then you end up getting burnt out and won't get very far at all. Especially player models, since those take so much time to make, if a modder isn't personally interested in seeing that character made, they won't even bother with the request. Easier requests are different though. If something takes 5 minutes to do, people are obviously more inclined to help out.

Droidy365, Futuza and MagSul like this
  • 4 months later...