Epic Matchup - Volume III

MagSul

Epic Matchup - Volume III  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win, Desann or Jerec?

• Desann
    • Jerec

It's been quite some time since we last had a matchup, so we have another one for you! It's a chance for ya'll to debate on who would win between these two characters. Use logic and knowledge of Star Wars lore to back up your choice, when necessary. Keep in mind the characters' abilities and personalities that we are aware of through the media they are featured in. Obviously some of these apply to the EU/Legends canon. Assume these characters are in their prime age, power, ability, etc. unless stated otherwise.

So, who was the more fearsome?

Fuse294 likes this

If anyone asks me, desann wouldn't stand a chance. Okay, he was the "boss" of Jedi Outcast but he never made much of an impression on me beyond that, even Tavion seemed more fired up and dangerous. He's a softy; didn't even kill Jan, he played Kyle. Jerec on the other hand, ohoho dear Jerec... He's clearly a force to be reckoned with and immensely stronger in all aspects. No-brainer answer: Jerec.

ZeroRaven and GamerRedNeck like this

Desann may have the raw strenght and size of his species, but he was overconfident and not knowledgeable enough. Jerec was the head Inquisitor, had full understanding of the Force (not just as a Force-user, but because he was also a Miraluka), experience in saber combat, and even the regular combat/ warfare tactics (mainly because he was an actually comissioned unit within the Empire/ Remnant). Desann was a failed Jedi that relied on instinct and raw power, all the tactical thinking was done by Galak - on the one hand, it was good, there was decentralization and all, but on the other, both Desann and Galak followed their own interests, with superficial regard to the common goal (or rather, Desann had superficial regard, only caring about destroying the Jedi).

Aside: what were the previous Epic Matchups? One was Kyle vs Luke, i think, but what was the other?

Edit: Never mind, checked 'em out.

Angel Soul and JediBantha like this
  • 4 weeks later...

Jerec was literally a master.

Desann's a student who ran away.

*goes 180*

Yet, I can't give it to Jerec that easily. A master in the Force and lightsaber combat, with the power of VOTJ, still getting whooped by some random "Jedi" who picked up a lightsaber not long ago and had no master?

Desann deemed others weaklings back when he was a Jedi student, though I don't know how much of that was due to his natural strength as a Biglizardman. But years later Luke didn't whoop his ass in seconds so he's got that going for him. But Kyle was also kinda inexperienced in Jedi ways when he defeated Desann since he had severed his Force connection after JK1...

IT'S THE SAME SITUATION IN BOTH GAMES

It's hard to tell because Kyle is OP af and wrecks both of them. I vote Desann because he's cool and big and strong and has a lizardface. Also JK2 is a sequel to JK and more often than not in such fiction latter foes are stronger than former.

the_raven likes this

Jerec was literally a master.

Desann's a student who ran away.

*goes 180*

Yet, I can't give it to Jerec that easily. A master in the Force and lightsaber combat, with the power of VOTJ, still getting whooped by some random "Jedi" who picked up a lightsaber not long ago and had no master?

Desann deemed others weaklings back when he was a Jedi student, though I don't know how much of that was due to his natural strength as a Biglizardman. But years later Luke didn't whoop his ass in seconds so he's got that going for him. But Kyle was also kinda inexperienced in Jedi ways when he defeated Desann since he had severed his Force connection after JK1...

IT'S THE SAME SITUATION IN BOTH GAMES

It's hard to tell because Kyle is OP af and wrecks both of them. I vote Desann because he's cool and big and strong and has a lizardface. Also JK2 is a sequel to JK and more often than not in such fiction latter foes are stronger than former.

Kyle or Jerec are not OP... Desann is weak.. Enjoy my video !  :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...