Modellers needed for Turmoil across the stars - a Mount & Blade Star Wars themed-mod

Note: Sorry if it's the wrong sub-forum.

Note 2: Can't embed images for some reason, here's a youtube "let's play" instead.

My good pal DarthMongolTheUnwise, the head dev for Turmoil Across the Stars - a Mount & Blade (both classic and Warband) mod set in the Clone Wars era - is in desperate need of modellers (other modders too, but primary modellers). According to him, currently there are only two modellers (himself and another guy), but there's a ton of content they plan on implementing.

Now, I know what you're probably thinking "Meh, M&B has terrible graphics and models, why bother?", well instead of thinking that, hit that Moddb link and check the mod for yourself!

Anyone interested is kindly asked to write on the Moddb page, or on Discord. (I hope the second link works, never shared a Discord link before :ph34r:)

Droidy365 and Smoo like this
  • 2 weeks later...

Woah, you know the guy who made that? I remember how epic that was on the original M&B but I could never get it to work properly on Warband (the menu screen was blank for text so you had to play a click-and-guess game anytime you wanted to save or load or change options).

I always thought that project was dead, but hype if its still on going.

Woah, you know the guy who made that? I remember how epic that was on the original M&B but I could never get it to work properly on Warband (the menu screen was blank for text so you had to play a click-and-guess game anytime you wanted to save or load or change options).

I always thought that project was dead, but hype if its still on going.

Well the original Star Wars Conquest was made for classic M&B. Swyter was the main dev, as far as I know. The mod was pretty much abandoned finished until they decided to port it to Warband (I guess Swyter had too many pestering fans :D ).

Turmoil Across the Stars (previously known as Clone Wars Conquest) is a conversion of SWC that brings the mod into the Clone Wars era. DarthMongolTheUnwise is the main dev. It too was originally for classic M&B, but once SWC was brought to Warband, and the source was released, TAtS was also brought to Warband, and both the classic and Warband versions are being developed together.

So to recap: SWC for Warband is the same as it was for classic, with a few improvements. It isn't actively developed anymore. TAtS is a conversion that's available both for classic and Warband, brings a ton of new content, and is actively developed (albeit slowly, since there aren't enough hands).

Awesome. I'm a diehard fan of the M&B games (Bannerlord is starting to feel HL3-meme worthy at this point) and that star wars mod was/is amazing. I'm eager to try it. Is the TAtS version already playable with lacking aesthetics or is it still just in development atm?

Awesome. I'm a diehard fan of the M&B games (Bannerlord is starting to feel HL3-meme worthy at this point) and that star wars mod was/is amazing. I'm eager to try it. Is the TAtS version already playable with lacking aesthetics or is it still just in development atm?

Well, there is an Alpha released, it's pretty playable.

But seriously, get on the Discord! :)