Apparently, TLJ was a good movie all along...

...and all most of the negative comments on it came from Russian spies and American neo-nazis.

In a sociological study of twitter comments, it was revealed that 21.9% out of 50.9% of all the negative comments came from Russian trolls and bots, who want to divide the American people and stir shit up, and American alt-right activists who want to further promote support of Trump.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry at this, I mean, people actually spend resources and become famous (even if only for five minutes) trying to prove such bullshit.

Read about it here.

...and all most of the negative comments on it came from Russian spies and American neo-nazis.

In a sociological study of twitter comments, it was revealed that 21.9% out of 50.9% of all the negative comments came from Russian trolls and bots, who want to divide the American people and stir shit up, and American alt-right activists who want to further promote support of Trump.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry at this, I mean, people actually spend resources and become famous (even if only for five minutes) trying to prove such bullshit.

Read about it here.

Well, if you know about this guy in particular, his response essentially says it all about the excuses they're making.

Jeff, Smoo, Droidy365 and 1 other like this

Most of people that enjoyed The Last Jedi aren't Star Wars fans to begin with.

No true scotman fallacy. I liked The Last Jedi and unironically think it's a good film. In the same way, I could argue that those who enjoyed The Force Awakens aren't Star Wars fans to begin with, but it'd be a pointless exercise  of self-fellation. 

People are dwelling into this new outrage culture and a farce of pseudo-political commentary. I'm sick of seeing my Youtube feed spammed with clickbait Star Wars shit just because I saw a trailer for a videogame a couple months ago. Thank god Youtube wasn't a thing in 2000 or we'd have seen a million videos of old ass men complaining that The Phantom Menace ruined their childhood and Star Wars is dead forever. 

NumberWan and the_raven like this

An OK movie? Yes. Good movie? Certainly not. Certainly not deserving of all the ridiculous amounts of hate it gets, though. But it REALLY wasn't a strong STAR WARS movie, in any aspect. With the exception of Rogue One (understandably), it had no lightsaber duel (and no, you can't count Kylo Ren & Rey against Snoke's Praetorian Guards, as a lightsaber duel). As long as Kathleen Kennedy is in charge and her "loyal dogs" are with her, pushing their feminist agenda on everyone.. We'll never have a a true STAR WARS film. Revenge of the Sith was the last truly decent STAR WARS movie and I don't care what anyone says. The Force Awakens had the potential to be something good, but was played too safe.. And the only other Disney STAR WARS movie that is good, is Rogue One. However, the ground-work for Rogue One had already been done, so they knew what they had to go on. The sequel trilogy had every chance to do something new.. And yet, it starts off by basically being a rehash of A New Hope.

Onysfx, the_raven, Droidy365 and 1 other like this

No true scotman fallacy. I liked The Last Jedi and unironically think it's a good film. In the same way, I could argue that those who enjoyed The Force Awakens aren't Star Wars fans to begin with, but it'd be a pointless exercise  of self-fellation. 

People are dwelling into this new outrage culture and a farce of pseudo-political commentary. I'm sick of seeing my Youtube feed spammed with clickbait Star Wars shit just because I saw a trailer for a videogame a couple months ago. Thank god Youtube wasn't a thing in 2000 or we'd have seen a million videos of old ass men complaining that The Phantom Menace ruined their childhood and Star Wars is dead forever. 

The keyword is most. As a standalone movie The Last Jedi isn't a bad movie entertainment wise especially if you don't have much expectations towards Star Wars(Character Mythos, World building etc.) Even Mark Hamil is unhappy with Rian Johnson's portrayal of Luke himself. TFA's sole purpose was to lead to EP8, otherwise it was rather lackluster with a recycled plot and created a lot of questions like "what's the point of this whole war"(for example how did the First order become so powerful in the first place since the rebels won the war against the Empire?) TFA isn't definitely a bad movie either, but I find it boring. 

The Last Jedi for many people with some degree of attachment to Star Wars didn't live up to expectations because the latest is supposed to be an improvement in most aspect of the prequels that supposedly failed. 

You can enjoy any movie you want, but The Last Jedi is the weakest Star Wars movie like Metal Gear Solid V is the weakest Metal Gear game.

And I agree with that pseudo-political commentary-bullshit. The sequels are pretty tame in political themes compared to the prequels or even the original trilogy and I am also tired of those dumb clickbait videos(that mostly dwell into "the last jedi is bla bla bla feminist, bla bla bla forced diversity bla bla bla" kind of arguments.

General Howard and Noodle like this

The keyword is most. As a standalone movie The Last Jedi isn't a bad movie entertainment wise especially if you don't have much expectations towards Star Wars(Character Mythos, World building etc.) Even Mark Hamil is unhappy with Rian Johnson's portrayal of Luke himself. TFA's sole purpose was to lead to EP8, otherwise it was rather lackluster with a recycled plot and created a lot of questions like "what's the point of this whole war"(for example how did the First order become so powerful in the first place since the rebels won the war against the Empire?) TFA isn't definitely a bad movie either, but I find it boring. 

The Last Jedi for many people with some degree of attachment to Star Wars didn't live up to expectations because the latest is supposed to be an improvement in most aspect of the prequels that supposedly failed. 

You can enjoy any movie you want, but The Last Jedi is the weakest Star Wars movie like Metal Gear Solid V is the weakest Metal Gear game.

And I agree with that pseudo-political commentary-bullshit. The sequels are pretty tame in political themes compared to the prequels or even the original trilogy and I am also tired of those dumb clickbait videos(that mostly dwell into "the last jedi is bla bla bla feminist, bla bla bla forced diversity bla bla bla" kind of arguments.

Yeah, as a standalone, non-SW franchise/ series, the new trilogy could work. It'd be pretty mediocre, but it could work. But it's not a standalone franchise/ trilogy, that's the biggest problem with most fans.

Personally, I don't care about "forced diversity" because the Rebellion was supposed to be diverse right from the original SW movie. But you have to admit, there was a kind of forced feminism in the new trilogy, most important characters are women - Mary 'Rey' Sue (the saviour of the Galaxy and the Last Jedi), Queen Leia (the leader of the Rebellion), Admiral Holdo (Leia's second in command and a lesbian, it seems), Captain Phasma (the only stormtrooper with a personality, who also happens to be female, and is needlessly pointed out as such; who seemed to be the fourth person of importance in the First Order, at least, based on the movies - in fact, the only bad female character), and Mas (who knows everything and is an all around kickass). Most male characters in the new trilogy are either nobodies (don't even have names), or are expendable (down to the important characters such as Han, Luke and Snoke), with the exception of deserter-Finn (a black guy), idiot-hotshot Po (who's most likely gay (no hate, just my personal theory)), non-human Chewy, body-positive Disney princess Kylo Ren, the traitor mercenary hacker (I think he did die in the end?), and alleged turncoat Hux (who'll most likely die a hero's death as soon as he switches sides).

Still, it's not as bad as in other Disney-owned media. Just a few weeks ago, I saw the trailer for season two of The Gifted (that X-Men spin-off series), and in it, about 70% of the featured characters are women; the 'mutant revolutionaries' are primarily women and are run by women - their leader (a woman) even says "Let's go, girls!". If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone in Disney/ Marvel/ whatever was trying to tell us something - I mean, replace 'mutants' with 'women' and it all becomes pretty clear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic with feminism, but the way Disney does it is just over the top; it's so bad that not even women like it!

TheWhitePhoenix and dg1995 like this