[Question / wondering] Droideka

Anonyomus

Greetings!
First of all, sorry for my english, if you have issues to understand what I want to say, just mention it.

I just checked models / skins, and I noticed there isnt Droidekas. And im wondering why. I know, Droidekas uses different mechanic (rolling) but, there is a mod called MB2, and they already did the Rolling mechanic, so it would be possible. Maybe is there any chance to talk with their Dev team, and ask them to give Droideka's source code? I mean it would be so useful to write rolling mechanic from Zero, if there is already a working one.

Hope you can understand, what I wrote :D

Greetings!

First of all, sorry for my english, if you have issues to understand what I want to say, just mention it.

I just checked models / skins, and I noticed there isnt Droidekas. And im wondering why. I know, Droidekas uses different mechanic (rolling) but, there is a mod called MB2, and they already did the Rolling mechanic, so it would be possible. Maybe is there any chance to talk with their Dev team, and ask them to give Droideka's source code? I mean it would be so useful to write rolling mechanic from Zero, if there is already a working one.

As far as I know, the Droidekas are there, but only as vehicles on certain maps. Try one of the Trade Federation maps and look around the corridors.

Greetings!

That would be nice but I doubt mb2 would share any parts of their code. They chose not to publish their code so it's impossible to see how they did it. However just as Lancelot mentioned there already is a droideka vehicle on certain maps like tradefed. Also you can spawn them yourself using /npc spawn vehicle droideka command in console. That's the only one we have unfortunately.

Greetings!

I'll keep this short.

Yes, we want droidekas in

We don't need to ask mbII for their source code because Tim did it in SP, 2.0 released without OpenJK, so therefore it's possible to do droidekas with little or no coding. Plus even if we asked, they'd more than likely just say no.

We'll put them in one day, don't know when.

Well I if I remeber correctly the MB2 Droidekas are still vehicles and I think you could figure something out for droidekas much like how Phasma deflects blaster blots.

Phasma deflecting blaster bolts was just a script implemented in the code. We'll have to look at it in more detail.

Maybe something like Phasma with the blaster deflection or something maybe even in a much more insane realm of giving him the ability to kick with his repeater although that is more of a INSANE idea. I use Galak as an example cause I do miss his UNIQUE-ness.

• 3 months later...

That was cool and interesting to look at so a Droideka could be kinda like Galak in the sense that he could keep his shield up to shoot unlike the Assassin droids.

I only mentioned assassin droids as an example because I believe they are the most simplest users of shields in jka game. The trick is to recognize enemy/droideka blaster bolts in the script. Then the shield will know which blaster bolts must be passed and which blocked/reflected.

Or source of droideka blaster bolts can be right before the shield... The simplest solution is usually the best, lol. 

We'll be doing the droideka for Game Update 2.2 (the update after this one)

:winkthumb:

Maksman likes this