Need a lot of help. i wanna to learn not humanoid animations.

If the animation works in 3dsmax or whatever... then the anims are fine. your transforms are not reset man i done told u. You need to remove the envelope, flip your skeleton to fit, reset mesh transforms to zero, and re-rig it. I had it opened and fixed it all just to make sure i knew what i was talking about the first time you sent it. its still your problem. the heirarchy isnt going to fix it. i think your skeleton root imported flipped upside down... which isnt the end of the world tbh. Do as I say and you will have the fun times... keep guessing and you have the brain that get a hurt real bad. I'd do it for you but u know... that kinda defeats the purpose and from what youve said you have a lot of models to fix... im not fixing all of em thats for sure. lol Can you rig? its a small fix man youre making this insane. just take it one step at a time

Okay, now i am awake read better . good morning. :)

Ji have just a request: can you provide me your fixed files? i wanna see exactly what i need to reproduce.

basically if i understood fine... language barrier sigh... i wanna a babel fish >.<

however...

1: i need to remove the skin by meshes?

2: how to flip the skeleton? on max i see is fine, but the pivot dummis effectly are rotated by -180 on Y axis. i need to apply a reset X form to these dummies?

3: after that i apply reset x form to meshes too and i re rig and re hierarchy all?

well, there is a little problem on that. i was hoping to avoid to my self the pain works of rigging every mob model.

is truely a pity 'cause SKI \ BON \ STCK imported import the model already rigged and weighted fine. (but maybe i misunderstunding,. i have not much clear the difference between rig, and weight. i am told about weighting however: assisn skin and bone to mesh and assign weight value at every damn vertexes of meshes. is weight or rig, it? )

if not, i was just using default humanoid skeleton on not humanoid meshes,. as i did on past on dreadnought archons of legacy of kain defiance game. it worked fine on these creatures... but figure how to rig humanoid skeleton to not humanoid creature is pretty hard.

Re - rig every creature to his own skeleton is a long works i do weighting and rigging working on every vertexes on geometries.

i was really hoping i can avoid that. but if there is not other solution that can avoid the re-rigging step... sigh, i have no choice. : \

for me, rigging models is ever the longest and hardest parts when i works on Max. (after cappings. for this point i am lucky. i have a script of ashuradx that can autocapping a mesh, if has a clean optimized geometry and is properly detached)

Sigh... you are pretty right chulky...

https://postimg.cc/xXjnHXm9

i dislink all meshes , collapse hierarchy, remove skin reset x form of all meshes and i get the model flipped of 90° XD...

i skipped this problem because is easy to fix. i re-hierarched all, i skinned alls mesh with 1 skill modifier, just to pelvis bone, i build the root.xsi, compilted gla and glm... and ... voilà... on modview is not more streched or deformed. so i need to apply reset x form to all meshes for reset their transforming...

it's okay but if there is some way to avoid to re-rig all model, or almost a way to import the skin properties from two max files for avoid a vvery tedious re-weighting for every model should be great.

However i not again understand why create a pivot called max scene root during XSI exporting >.< . all models of raven and also custom animated animals monsters get model_root as pivot dummy. what i did of wrong what dummies about that? :-.

maybe is because i not linked skeleton to skeleton_root dummy?

well i did not these because if i link main_root dummy of model to skeleton_root and i import animation model is highly deformed and stretche out on max... (looking bettere. is the same kind of deformation that i see on modview with a not transform resetted model...) Aw, it's an headache.

okay.. resuming.

i have just two question now:

1: is there some way to reset transforms without losing skinning?

2: for the animations... there is some way to merge two animations inside the same max files? for what i understood every animation exported on XSI need to get the root pose on the frame 0. and other frames contain the movements.

so i need to add to root pose the frames of other animations. the script that i use that import stck overwrite all frames if i import an animation into the scene.

Okay, i am trying to figure that working directly on the source of problem, so, fixing the importing scripts of animations and models but i had not get much lucks in that sense. 

i need just two little fix of the incriminated scripts.

the ski \ bon impored scripts need to be scripted for avoid to flipping the transforms spaces, and the stck animation scripts need a little fix for copy the animations after frame zero instead to overwrite all scene anim keys,., so it not overwrite the root pose.

can you help me to fix these, @@AshuraDX?

@@Asgarath83 if when you export to xsi it creates a flipped null... try porting to fbx I thought I saw a fbx to glm converter on here. Glad I could help thus far though man good job sticking with it... that perseverance will pay off

I try this morning with a spider model proved with all his animations already into the timeframe slide.

i detached in only two meshes and i created a pretty simply hierarchy. i detached and reset x form to model_root pivot, and to mesh itself, also if they are skinned, without removing skin. after a lot of reset x form, changing value to move, rotate fields and "collapse to" of xform modifier now on max the spider seems moving fine (ok, except that legs moves like bones now are mirrored or maybe is the mesh that is mirrored ROTFL ) otherwise all moves of meshes are to 0 0 0, rotate idem.

compiled as GLA \ GLM... same garbade of tunneltrigger.

now i tryed to removed the skin modifier. and the spider body magically flipped by 90 degress on vertical axis... wonderful...

at this point i fear really that i have not other solutions that re-do the skin. but in that case...

Chulky, you now some script or every workaround possible on max for trasfer rig parameter by a mesh to another? so i can remove skin, fixed this damned transform and re apply skin without lose the envelopes. and it should be works. finally. i hope. 

otherwise yes, i need really to try to change export format. but how get inside JKA the fbx?

Yes, i noticed that XSI create a strange max_scene root flipped and unuseful as pivot and this sure not help to have a goodnot deformed model. again i not understan why it do that if with humanoid models every thing ever works fine. the dummies are the same at the ends.. so why not recognize the dummy? >_>

well re-exported one of my oldest humanoid model and it works. so is not crappy the XSI exporter. otherwise XSi exporter and assimilate seems really to not help me on this tasks.

now i need to go. i will return this evening. chulky, if you find the link of the FBX-GLM converter can you post here in this thread, please? >.< so this evening i test it fast. i have not much time on the even for stay on computer.

@@Asgarath83 if when you export to xsi it creates a flipped null... try porting to fbx I thought I saw a fbx to glm converter on here. Glad I could help thus far though man good job sticking with it... that perseverance will pay off

pity "not valid win 32 application". well, not surprise: i have win 32 windows XP SP3 and visual studio 2010. 

However by filmbox exporter. it crashes max if i export with animations.

without animations it fired me warning about the negative scales that get the model into some bones. i guess the problem should be also that.

Okay, i will manage it with 3d max and assimilate. at the end i am sure i will get something. i can fix it just now... only, i want to find a way for avoid to re-reskin all models @.@

@@ChalklYne can you pass me your fixed file of model? with all the good will i got 3 serious trouble to fix on radiant.

1: the creation on XSi exporting \ glm -gla building of a fake dummy called maxsceneroot pivot that rotate the model

2: the bad skinniong transform. also with resetted transforfm and temptative to save and copy the envelopes of the mesh for not re do the rigging. well if i take the old skin model on modview is totally deformed (i tryed also with a spider). if i remove a skin and i make a model re-rig totally new enveloping with only a bone, just for have a rigid basic skin i get the spider not deformed into modview, but rotated of 90° degress with this fake dummy as pivot. model_root dummy is disapperead.

so... i should really need to see how should be a working fixed model. can you upload your example? (need to be a files openable to 3d max 5 or 2010 )

Not got any success with FBX however. the FBX GLM converted utility not run on my old OS.

@@Asgarath83 i dont have 3dsmax. Im sure if i compiled a character and exported as an fbx you could import it tho. Problem is i wont be around a computer for almost 2 weeks. Just follow the instructions i gave you and it should be fine. The thing needs to be re-rigged. If thats beyond your expertise id recommend learning it. I wont be any help for a while... Out of town

@@ChalklYne okay really i need a little hint. into the sense that i need that you send me on private message the fixed tunneltrigger models and an explanation of how reset transforms of meshes and skeletons steps by steps.

i ported the model into 3d max 2010 and using the XSI exporter get on this forum i get many progress now i can see the model on modview with the correct orientation but i need again to understand how to reset model transforms without lose is skinning.

every my tentative to copy skin by original mesh to cloned transformed and resetted meshes or to skinwrap these meshes for apply skins failed. into the first case, i get a deformed model, into the second case, i cannot build the model because carcass told me that skin wrap bad wrapping the model: many vertexes get more of 5 bones into the rig (and the correct rig is of 4 bones max for JKA i know) at this point, i suspect that is unuseful to reset the transformes of mesh models without before reset the skeleton itself alignment and orientation. can you explain me how i can do that and how can i get a perfectly resetted model?

(possibly, without losing skin on max 2010 i can copy skins between two identical meshes without lose envelopes. it works fine but before of do that, transofrms need to be totally resetted into the correct way)

thanks for every answer. :)

@@Asgarath83, he does not use 3dsMax... @@ChalklYne uses Softimage/ModTool. It will not help you in 3dsMax.

Oh... damn understood... so he cannot help me.

Okay i have not more idea about have a model with fine reset transform on skeleton and mesh without doing  afull re-rig of the meshes itselfs. :\ at this point i really think the unique way is to fix the script itself, almost for have an imported skeleton correctly oriented.

if not is unuseful. ._.

also if i reset the mesh transforms, because the skeleton itself is flipped, every time i change something or i select the meshes itselfs with skins they flips too into the more strange positions.