The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Daedric Armor

Lets get a polycount... for those interested. 

This will require OpenJK since I've heard that running it on the base JA causes crashes. Polycount? Download and find out. :D

@@ChalklYne

From Rooxon:

Yes, they vary but are still well within limits, no overkill. Most of them are very lowpoly, around 1000 verts, a couple range just above 2000 and have been split accordingly. In conclusion, it *might* cause a random transformspace crash on Base JKA with people spawning in roughly 50 NPC's with the weapons, but otherwise they should be working fine, for sure on OpenJK since the limits are raised there. You can always open them up in modview and check the counts there for each of them and confirm, as the count stayed the same thanks to the models already being optimized from Skyrim. I did not edit them in any way except scaling them and equipping with tags, then test enough to make sure they work well and I had no trouble in the slightest whatsoever.

Polycount? Download and find out. :D

Is it classified? Is it above my paygrade? I dont see a download link. Is it hurtful to talk about in public? Is it beyond your expertise? Its a number. Information is free. It's somewhere between 8000 and 14000. I say 12000. Am I getting hot? My entire TIEFacility is 18000.  Am I wrong to ask? What if my hardware is dependent upon your frugality of polygonal expenditure? What if I say please? Thats like McDonalds saying "you think our cheeseburgers suck? Buy one and find out." Can I have a sample? Take the max polycount and divide it by 3 and I'll do my own math. If you take the entire vertex count as a circumference can you tell me the diameter so I can use Pi to configure a baseline?  Is it above 10,000? We're all friends... is it above 20,000? I think it's beautiful and out of place like a vagrant polar bear in Phoenix. Can we still be friends? Show the wireframe... in fact... I know its a sensitive subject... so show the wireframe behind a tasteful shower curtain and I will infer my own vertectual desires...   

EDIT in refrence to your edit:

Ok... so that model is around 1000 to 2000 verts... might you have any magic beans i can purchase as well?

the_raven likes this

This will require OpenJK since I've heard that running it on the base JA causes crashes. Polycount? Download and find out. :D

@@ChalklYne

From Rooxon:

Yes, they vary but are still well within limits, no overkill. Most of them are very lowpoly, around 1000 verts, a couple range just above 2000 and have been split accordingly. In conclusion, it *might* cause a random transformspace crash on Base JKA with people spawning in roughly 50 NPC's with the weapons, but otherwise they should be working fine, for sure on OpenJK since the limits are raised there. You can always open them up in modview and check the counts there for each of them and confirm, as the count stayed the same thanks to the models already being optimized from Skyrim. I did not edit them in any way except scaling them and equipping with tags, then test enough to make sure they work well and I had no trouble in the slightest whatsoever.

That's in regard to the weapons, I have no clue about the armor but I'd guess it's a similar situation. Should have been optimized to the max, unless the model was edited in regards to the construction, UV map or smoothing groups - that obviously produces copy verts and raises the count. :)

ChalklYne likes this

I love you Rooxon I just like to bust balls.

Beautiful work, rigging and fitting were probably a whore. good job man

Ofc Chalk, no probs and thanks for the compliment. In any case, I made and uploaded this so you can check for yourself (I also show where the counts are for those who don't know). the pic is huge so it's best to maybe save it and scroll around it to see all of them.

picture:

https://jkhub.org/images/4w2LRQZ.jpg

Daedra likes this

Is it classified? Is it above my paygrade? I dont see a download link. Is it hurtful to talk about in public? Is it beyond your expertise? Its a number. Information is free. It's somewhere between 8000 and 14000. I say 12000. Am I getting hot? My entire TIEFacility is 18000.  Am I wrong to ask? What if my hardware is dependent upon your frugality of polygonal expenditure? What if I say please? Thats like McDonalds saying "you think our cheeseburgers suck? Buy one and find out." Can I have a sample? Take the max polycount and divide it by 3 and I'll do my own math. If you take the entire vertex count as a circumference can you tell me the diameter so I can use Pi to configure a baseline?  Is it above 10,000? We're all friends... is it above 20,000? I think it's beautiful and out of place like a vagrant polar bear in Phoenix. Can we still be friends? Show the wireframe... in fact... I know its a sensitive subject... so show the wireframe behind a tasteful shower curtain and I will infer my own vertectual desires...   

EDIT in refrence to your edit:

Ok... so that model is around 1000 to 2000 verts... might you have any magic beans i can purchase as well?

I+um+okay+_a164bdbb0b0ee8d883ff626824c1a

ChalklYne and the_raven like this

@@Rooxon

This is the way ports should work IMO. Find something we dont have the desire to model and do your best. Theres honestly no other way youre getting it in game. The polyflow and original t-pose make it seem like such a whore to position and scale so a lot of work went into this. Thats what I like to see. Bravo gentlemen. Looks nice. 

@@Rooxon

This is the way ports should work IMO. Find something we dont have the desire to model and do your best. Theres honestly no other way youre getting it in game. The polyflow and original t-pose make it seem like such a whore to position and scale so a lot of work went into this. Thats what I like to see. Bravo gentlemen. Looks nice. 

If I am honest with you, I actually did this in maybe half an hour before going to sleep - I had prepared the models beforehand, importing all 6 into one scene then scaling them in relation to kyle's sab, assigning materials. I have a pretty good perception of how big that hilt is relative to a playermodel in JKA I believe (after doing probably over 300 weps for the game), so actually I hit the relative sizes to the playermodel on the first try. I did do a few degrees of rotation here and there, fixed the tags on the battleaxe and waraxe and re-exported, but then it was just a question of getting the "blade lengths" for the .sab file to about the size of the area where the weapon should hit, which I also wrote down on a piece of paper while testing a second time ingame. After that, I tested one final time to make sure everything is okay and it was done. :)

ChalklYne and Daedra like this

If I am honest with you, I actually did this in maybe half an hour before going to sleep - I had prepared the models beforehand, importing all 6 into one scene then scaling them in relation to kyle's sab, assigning materials. I have a pretty good perception of how big that hilt is relative to a playermodel in JKA I believe (after doing probably over 300 weps for the game), so actually I hit the relative sizes to the playermodel on the first try. I did do a few degrees of rotation here and there, fixed the tags on the battleaxe and waraxe and re-exported, but then it was just a question of getting the "blade lengths" for the .sab file to about the size of the area where the weapon should hit, which I also wrote down on a piece of paper while testing a second time ingame. After that, I tested one final time to make sure everything is okay and it was done. :)

Hard work payed off. I havent downloaded anything since the black lightsaber blade back in 2002... but ill download this one out of GP's. Props. @@Rooxon youre a mad professor man

Rooxon likes this

I should also say, I had thought about re-doing the weps from scratch. Then I saw all those little funky indentations and organic-like morphs of them and after a few moments after thinking about the highpoly modeling of those, I said "aw hell no". :P Way too much stuff on my plate to take it up, maybe in the future, for a remaster mod for Skyrim.

@@Rooxon

It actually is quite easy to get into JA's pose. I know because i took a stab at it and it took around 5 minutes to setup around the skeleton.

It actually is quite easy to get into JA's pose. I know because i took a stab at it and it took around 5 minutes to setup around the skeleton.

Even more so if you import the already rigged .nif files straight from Skyrim, pose it, then export the weights.

After that you should be able to just collapse the modifier stacks, reset Xforms and then delete the Skyrim skeleton while keeping the pose. When that's through add skin modifiers back in, import the weights and remap them to the equivalent jka bones, this should give you a for the most part perfectly weighted model. Only thing left to do would be hierarchy-setup and ideally LODs and you should be good to go with exporting the model.

This is just a theoretic run-through of the process, so take it with a grain of salt.

Psyk0Sith likes this

So um, is it possible to have the saber-color menu assign actual skins to models? You know, like instead of having to play around with a ton of .pk3's, one for each model's skinset, we'd just have an instant skin-change by the press of a button? (bandit)

I don't have any menu support for that sort of thing. I can give you a list though, so you can just go to the console and type "saber <sabername>".

Battle Axe:

Default:

saber Daedric_Axe_n

Red:

Daedric_Axe_r

Blue:

Daedric_Axe_b

Dagger:

Default:

saber dagger

Red:

saber dagger_r

Blue:

saber dagger_b

Greatsword:

Default:

saber greatsword

Red:

saber greatsword_r

Blue:

saber greatsword_b

Mace:

Default:

saber mace

Red:

saber mace_r

Blue:

saber mace_b

Shield:

Default:

saber dshield

Red:

saber rshield

Blue:

saber bshield

Sword:

Default:

saber daesword

Red:

saber daesword_r

Blue:

saber daesword_b

War Axe:

Default:

saber waraxe

Red:

saber waraxe_r

Blue:

saber waraxe_b

Warhammer:

Default:

saber warhammer

Red:

saber warhammer_r

Blue:

saber warhammer_b

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

UPDATE.

I've removed red/blue skins, I felt they were not necessary, and took up too much space. They are gone, and won't be coming back.

The Daedric Crossbow will not be added. It relies on crossbow animations which exist only in Skyrim, not JKA.

Weapons have been overhauled, they now include their own animated glows, the same with the shield.

dagger:

BrebuVD.jpg

sword:

GlXejym.jpg

greatsword:

FQ6vpIW.jpg

war axe:

t6GPXC4.jpg

battle axe:

xupQsnW.jpg

mace:

JTL6n8C.jpg

warhammer:

LxovCMu.jpg

To make up for the lack of crossbow, two new weapons have been added.

lightsaber:

x0eKjQG.jpg

staff:

xys0ZSG.jpg

The character is now GOOD. It is no longer an enemy/dark side user. The default is now a hero jedi, which makes sense as when you summon daedra in Skyrim, they fight for you (good side). The lightsaber colors will remain red despite being good.

Aiming to attempt to get those red glows on the playermodel, but no promises (for a possible future final update).

A huge thank you to Rooxon for helping with the weapons. Would not be possible without that awesome dude.

Note: the skyrim crosshair is part of this by default. if you don't want it just delete the gfx folder out of the .pk3.

New commands are as follows:

//sword//
npc spawn daedra

playermodel daedra

//greatsword//
npc spawn daedra_gs

playermodel daedra_gs

//dagger//

npc spawn daedra_d

playermodel daedra_d

//battleaxe//

npc spawn daedra_ba