Star Wars: The Clone Wars Fan-Made Animation

Hey, it's me again. So after more than a year without posting anything, I am now back with something I've been working since last summer. Initially it was just a side project while I was doing my machinimas but it took way too much longer than expected. Especially being so busy with studies and stuff. It's a The Clone Wars style animation, made in Maya. I guess it's good timing that I finished it now with the 10th anniversary of the movie and the recent announcement of the series coming back.

I wanted to get into this animation world so I decided to give it a try. It's no perfect by any means but I learned a lot during the process. Also another thing that motivated me into start doing this was this mixamo site were you can upload any humanoid character and it will auto rig it pretty well. Then you can apply any of the animations they have in the site like I did in this animation. Other animations were done entirely by me (like the walking battle droid animation), and things like the blaster bolts and the binoculars view were done in After Effects.

I can't believe I can use Maya very fluently now. I wish there were some GLM/GLA plugins for it so that Maya users could also mod JKA easily.

Anyway, here's the animation:

Now the rest of the summer I should be able to start working on something I want to implement on my machinimas that I think will improve them. I will try to post again before the course starts to show you guys what I'm working on. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

Noodle, Jeff, DarthValeria and 3 others like this

Looks really cool. Some things could improve regarding animations (mainly fluency of movement) and there needs to be more dramatically lighting, but otherwise it's pretty good for one of your first videos on Maya! Hopefully we'll see more in the future.

Alvar007 likes this

Looks really cool. Some things could improve regarding animations (mainly fluency of movement) and there needs to be more dramatically lighting, but otherwise it's pretty good for one of your first videos on Maya! Hopefully we'll see more in the future.

I know dude! Animating is really a pain and it's hard to make it look realistic. Regarding lighting I spent some time trying to make it look like the show but it was really a trial and error. I want to improve on it so maybe you could elaborate on that? What do you mean dramatically lighting? Do you have any good tutorials on it?

Thanks for your comment nevertheless.

• 4 months later...