Trying to switch a head texture; requested feature was omitted at compile time

Go to solution Solved by Jeff,

Hiya kibasennin.

I've had trouble with this before. For me, it had to do with the file type of the textures, whether it be the textures on the character, or the icon that shows in the Profile. It crashed for me with the same error as yours if I didn't have the textures be png. Also, when actually saving out the textures, (I used Photoshop) I had to save them with the following settings:

Compression: Smallest / Slow

Interlaced: None

I remember I tried to use jpg's first. It didn't work out for me until I used png's.

Hope that helps.

ooeJack

Hiya kibasennin.

I've had trouble with this before. For me, it had to do with the file type of the textures, whether it be the textures on the character, or the icon that shows in the Profile. It crashed for me with the same error as yours if I didn't have the textures be png. Also, when actually saving out the textures, (I used Photoshop) I had to save them with the following settings:

I remember I tried to use jpg's first. It didn't work out for me until I used png's.

Hope that helps.

ooeJack

Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu1e074toa2y1s5/head.zip?dl=0

I don't know what program you use to edit textures, but I use GIMP and if you leave the progressive setting on this error occurs. A quick fix if you don't have GIMP is just open it in paint and save it. You'll loose some quality but I never notice the difference. 

Hey there guys.

So the one you provided me, Jeff, was perfect. I also tried it your way ooeJack and that worked too.

Cheers for the help!

ooeJack and Jeff like this
  • 1 year later...
On 8/4/2018 at 12:51 PM, Jeff said:

Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu1e074toa2y1s5/head.zip?dl=0

I don't know what program you use to edit textures, but I use GIMP and if you leave the progressive setting on this error occurs. A quick fix if you don't have GIMP is just open it in paint and save it. You'll loose some quality but I never notice the difference. 

On 8/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, ooeJack said:

Heya folks,

I've been encountering the same problem again (and I'm quite frankly bamboozled) recently, with this .pk3

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f0d81e4gl8fmv74/Maul_Rebels_copy.pk3/file

I've been trying to get swegmaster's Rebels Maul to appear on the SP Menu, and I think I did everything right, but just like 2 years ago, I get the "requested feature was omitted at compile time" error.

I've tried compressing the icon files (which seemed to do it for me last time). No luck.
I don't think it's the texture files either, because at some point  (very early on) while I was working on this, I opened it to test if the skins would work and they came up fine.

Any help? Can someone try to test this, see if y'all can notice something I can't?

Thanks a whole bunch!

Cheers

On 3/28/2020 at 12:04 PM, Jeff said:

I took a look and your icons are the problem, the textures are fine. Quick and easy fix is open them in MS paint and save a copy then move them into your pk3. I tested it and it fixed the issue.

Hey Jeff,

Thanks a bunch for taking the time and having a look! I opened and saved in MS paint and it's showing up in the Multiplayer (only the default version, not the variants), so that's a start.

I was trying to make the model appear in the SP Menu as a new species with variants. I can access it by doing playermodel commands, but the skin disappears when I save and load again. When you tested and saw that it worked, did Maul appear in the SP Menu?

Cheers!

Yes he appears in SP character creation menu for me, but I just tested and the skin doesn't apply to the model so then I took a look at your skin files. They are not correct you have the entire model listed in the head, torso, and leg skin. 

Here's what the head_a1 skin file should contain

head,models/players/maul_rebels/head.tga
head_horns,models/players/maul_rebels/head.tga
head_eyes_teeth,models/players/maul_tcw/eyes_mouth.tga
hood,*off
torso_cowelbase,*off

torso_cap_head_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
torso_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
torso_cap_l_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
torso_cap_r_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
head_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

Here's what the torso_a1 skin file should contain

torso,models/players/maul_rebels/torso_armor.tga
torsob,*off
torso_belt,*off
hips_belt,models/players/maul_rebels/belt2.tga
r_arm,models/players/maul_rebels/chest.tga
r_hand,models/players/maul_rebels/body.tga
l_arm,models/players/maul_rebels/chest.tga
l_hand,models/players/maul_rebels/body.tga

r_hand_cap_r_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
r_arm_cap_r_hand_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
r_arm_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
l_hand_cap_l_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
l_arm_cap_l_hand_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
l_arm_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
torso_cap_head_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
torso_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
torso_cap_l_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
torso_cap_r_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
head_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

And here's what lower_a1 should contain

hips,models/players/maul_rebels/body.tga
pants,models/players/maul_rebels/hips.tga
hips_knees,models/players/maul_rebels/legs.tga
r_leg,models/players/maul_rebels/legs.tga
l_leg,models/players/maul_rebels/legs.tga

hips_cap_l_leg_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
hips_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
hips_cap_r_leg_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
l_leg_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
r_leg_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga

You'll have to go through the others and fix as well a2, a3 etc.

kibasennin likes this
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Yes he appears in SP character creation menu for me, but I just tested and the skin doesn't apply to the model so then I took a look at your skin files. They are not correct you have the entire model listed in the head, torso, and leg skin.

You'll have to go through the others and fix as well a2, a3 etc.

Gotcha! Thanks for the help Jeff.

EDIT: Just finished doing everything and it works! Cheers again ?

Jeff likes this