Patch Notes: 7/23/18

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f_Qt58JLnb_JBohYZTBMkrDFP3s3tD-d

VIEW THE PATCH NOTES HERE: http://linken233.github.io

Patch Notes - 07/23/18

***The following files must be deleted from your KotF folder: "KotF_Skins_Ep7" and "KotF_NPC_Ep7", these files will be replaced.***

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS

- Free NPC Alignment choice has arrived, you may now spawn any NPC of your choice with one of six alignments and behaviors to choose from. 
- The NPC limit has been increased once again, you may now populate the mod with more of your own characters. 
NEW MISSION: Revan vs. Malak; Relive the final duel of Knights of the Old Republic against Darth Malak aboard the mysterious Star Forge and save the galaxy!

New Characters Added/Model Updates/New NPC Variations

THE SITH EMPIRE

- Arcann 
- Ashara Zavros 
- Darth Marr 
- Darth Talon 
- Lord Kallig 
- Lord Larith 
- Lord Scourge 
- Ludo Kressh 
- Marka Ragnos 
- Naga Sadow 
- Thexan 
- Tulak Hord 
- Uthar Wynn 
- Valkorion 
- Vaylin

THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC

- Abednedo Jedi 
- Agen Kolar: Hood + Clone Wars (New variants) 
- Alderaan Guard 
- Breha Organa 
- Bultar Swan 
- Captain Gregar Typho 
- Clone Cadet: Clone Civilian + Clone Civilian Cadet (New variants) 
- Clone Naval Officer: Clone Medical Officer + Clone Medical Officer w/ hat (New variants) 
- Coruscant Underworld Police 
- Depa Billaba: The Phantom Menace (New variant) 
- Eeth Koth: Hood + Clone Wars (New variants) 
- Finis Valorum 
- Kit Fisto: Clone Wars (New variant) 
- Oppo Rancisis 
- Que-Mars Redath-Gom 
- Rig Nema 
- Roron Corobb 
- Saesee Tiin: Hood + Clone Wars (New variants) 
- Tarados Gon 
- Tsui Choi 
- Zao

THE SEPARATIST ALLIANCE

- Neimodian Guard: Neimodian Security (New variant)

THE REBEL ALLIANCE

- Han Solo: Solo - A Star Wars Story (New variant)

THE GALACTIC EMPIRE

- Galen Marek: Lord Starkiller (New variant)

THE RESISTANCE

- Finn: The Last Jedi (New variant) 
- Poe Dameron: The Last Jedi (New variant) 
- Rey: The Last Jedi (New variants) 
- Luke Skywalker: Crait + Crait w/ Hood (New variants) 
**Full customization has been removed for Poe Dameron and Rey**

THE FIRST ORDER

- Armitage Hux 
- First Order Officer 
- Kylo Ren: Mask w/ no hood + The Last Jedi (New variants + model update) 
- Praetorian Guard 
- Supreme Leader Snoke

PIRATES

- Black Sun Mercenary 
- Sidon Ithano

BOUNTY HUNTERS

- Sugi

CIVILIANS

- Kabe

MANDALORIANS

- Bo-Katan Kryze

NPCs Removed

The following NPC variations have been removed in lieu of the new free choice system

THE OLD REPUBLIC

- Dustil Onasi (Light Side) 
- Juhani (Dark Side) 
- Legacy Jedi

THE SITH EMPIRE

- A'sharad Hett (Dark Side) 
- Cade Skywalker (Dark Side) 
- Kyp Durron (Dark Side) 
- Ulic Qel-Droma (Dark Side) 
- Yuthura Ban (Light Side) 
- Legacy Sith

THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC

- 212th Attack Battalion: Trooper, Air Recon, Grenadier, Heavy, Shotgun, Sniper (Order 66) 
- 21st Nova Corps (Order 66) 
- 327th Star Corps (Order 66) 
- 41st Elite Corps: Trooper, Scout Trooper, Sniper (Order 66) 
- 501st Legion: Trooper, ARC Trooper, Assassin, Sharpshooter, Demolitions, Heavy, Sergeant, Air Recon (Order 66) 
- 91st Recon Corps: Trooper, Lieutenant (Order 66) 
- ARC Trooper: Trooper, Sergeant, Lieutenant (Order 66) 
- Captain Deviss (Order 66) 
- Clone Trooper: Phase 2 Armor (Order 66) 
- Commander Bacara (Order 66) 
- Commander Bly (Order 66) 
- Commander Cody (Order 66) 
- Commander Fox (Order 66) 
- Commander Gree (Order 66) 
- Commander Keller (Order 66) 
- Commander Neyo (Order 66) 
- Desert Clone Trooper: Trooper, Demolitions, Sniper, Jetpack, Security, Medic, Shotgun, Lieutenant, Captain, Major(Order 66) 
- Hound (Order 66) 
- Kamino Security: Trooper, Commander (Order 66) 
- Tup (Order 66)

PIRATES

- Hondo Ohnaka (Light Side)

MANDALORIANS

- Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders: Blue, Red, Gold, Silver (Ally) 
- Shae Vizla (Ally)

NPC Changes

THE OLD REPUBLIC

- Atton Rand felt his Jedi training wasn't adequate enough, his health has been increased from 200 to 300, and his force energy has been increased from 150 to 200. 
- Bao-Dur returned to Meetra Surik for some additional training, his health has been increased from 200 to 300, and his force energy has been increased from 150 to 200. 
- Bao-Dur was displeased that he was forced to use an EMP gun. He has since requisitioned himself a proper blaster rifle. 
- Bastila Shan grew in strength since she confronted Darth Revan. Her health has been increased from 300 to 400, and her force energy has been increased from 200 to 250. 
- Bastila Shan has disappointed Darth Malak for the last time, increasing her abilities with Force Grip and Force Lightning. Her Force Grip has been increased from 2 to 3, and her Force Lightning has been increased from 1 to 2. 
- Brianna returned to Meetra Surik for some additional training, her health has been increased from 200 to 300, and her force energy has been increased from 150 to 200. 
- HK-47 demanded a better weapon to accomodate for his desire to eliminate any meatbag opposition. His weapon has been changed from a blaster rifle to a repeater. 
- Queen Talia's training has increased in ferocity, her health has been increased from 300 to 400. 
- Vrook Lamar, hardened from the Jedi Civil War, has grown in strength. His NPC class has been changed from CLASS_JEDI to CLASS_KYLE. 
- Vandar Tokare performed some maintenance on his lightsaber, changing out his green Lightsaber crystal to a blue one.

THE SITH EMPIRE

- A'sharad Hett found a new pair of Lightsabers more appropriate to the time period. His lightsabers have been changed to Shaak Ti's hilt. 
- Darth Bane suddenly got much tougher to kill, his health has been increased from 400 to 500 and his force energy has been increased from 250 to 300. 
- Darth Krayt's strength has given him great power. His health has been increased from 400 to 500 and his force energy has been increased from 250 to 300. 
- Darth Malgus remembered to stand up straight, his height has been increased from 105 to 125. 
- Darth Revan grew in strength before, during, and after the Mandalorian Wars. His health for his Sith Lord and Jedi Knight variants has been increased from 300 to 400, and his force energy has been increased from 200 to 250.

THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC

- Ahsoka Tano grew slightly weaker since her confrontation with Darth Vader on Malachor, her NPC class has been changed from CLASS_LUKE to CLASS_JEDI, but her health has been increased from 400 to 500, and her force energy has been increased from 250 to 300. 
- Anakin Skywalker's power has grown during and since the Clone Wars. His health has been increased from 400 to 500 and his force energy has been increased from 250 to 300. 
- Barriss Offee remembered she's a traitor to the Jedi Order. Her dark variants will now properly attack anyone daring to follow the light side. Additionally, her NPC class has been changed from CLASS_JEDI to CLASS_REBORN. 
- As Battlemaster of the Jedi Order, Cin Drallig believed he should be one of the toughest Jedi, his health has been increased from 300 to 500, and his force energy has been increased from 200 to 300. 
- Darth Plagueis could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to give himself life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even increase his health from 400 to 500, and his force energy from 250 to 300. 
- Mas Amedda will no longer attempt to fight back if attacked, preferring to not get involved with open conflict. 
- Obi-Wan Kenobi's strength has grown during and since the Clone Wars. His health has been increased from 400 to 500 and his force energy has been increased from 250 to 300. 
- Yoda's short height has proven to be a slight disadvantage against most Force-wielding enemies, he is now immune to Force Powers.

THE SEPARATIST ALLIANCE

- Darth Maul's fighting style has changed. He will no longer use the Tavion style, and can now use the Strong style. 
- General Grievous was very displeased with his cybernetic body and demanded an upgrade. His health has been increased from 300 to 500, and his force energy has been increased from 200 to 300.

THE GALACTIC EMPIRE

- Emperor Palpatine threw away his lightsaber, feeling that he no longer needed it. Palpatine will now only fight using the Force. Additionally, given his new fighting style, his health has been increased from 500 to 2000, his force power has been increased from 300 to 600, and is now prepared to resist most blasters and force powers.

THE RESISTANCE

- Rey's newfound abilities with the Lightsaber have given her a greater strength. Her health has been increased from 300 to 400, and her force energy has been increased from 200 to 250 on any variant where she wields a Lightsaber.

THE FIRST ORDER

- After being humiliated on Starkiller Base, Captain Phasma upgraded her armor, she is now immune to blaster fire from most weapons. 
- Kylo Ren has been humilated for the last time, his health has been increased from 300 to 400, his force energy has been increased from 200 to 250, and his NPC class has been changed from CLASS_REBORN to CLASS_SHADOWTROOPER.

NEW MAPS

- Alzoc III Capital 
- Ancient Outpost 
- Apcotyl Temple 
- Casa De Los Parias 
- Coruscant Speedway 
- Mos Espa Outskirts 
- Tatooine RPG 
- TOR Sith Empire Dreadnought

BIOGRAPHY CHANGES

HE REBEL ALLIANCE

- Ezra Bridger's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during the 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels. 
- Kanan Jarrus' biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during the 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels.

THE GALACTIC EMPIRE

- Grand Admiral Thrawn's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during the 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels.

THE RESISTANCE

- Rey's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. 
- Finn's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. 
- Poe Dameron's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. 
- General Leia Organa's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. 
- Luke Skywalker's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.

THE FIRST ORDER

- Kylo Ren's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. 
- Captain Phasma's biography has been updated to reflect events that took place during Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.

CIVILIANS

- Jar Jar Binks' biography has been edited to prevent the text from exiting the bounds of the biography box.

NEW LIGHTSABERS

- Ashara Zavros 
- Lord Kallig 
- Lord Scourge 
- Tulak Hord

NEW SOUNDS

CHARACTERS

- Captain Phasma 
- Darth Maul 
- Finn 
- Poe Dameron 
- Rey

VEHICLES

- Droideka 
- N-1 Starfighter

WEAPONS

- A280 Blaster Rifle 
- E-5 Blaster Rifle 
- EE-3 Blaster Carbine Rifle 
- Electrostaff 
- WESTAR-34 Blaster Pistol

MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES

- The Resistance Logo has been changed to a new orange color scheme. 
- Added a new Notarget option in the NPC spawner menu. 
- New main menu background picture. 
- Mission briefings have been added for T1_INTER and YAVIN1B. 
- Bowcaster bolts were changed from red to green.

Hep, Maksman and Smoo like this

My favorite part of these patch notes is always you guys coming up with an universe reason for the NPC changes, it adds a ton of charm and fun.

Super excited to play this! Awesome work!

Hahaha! It's all me, I write these. Thank you!

Maksman likes this

Hi, I used the updater to update the game. Then I downloaded the OpenJK build and replaced like what you said. I also deleted these files "KotF_Skins_Ep7" and "KotF_NPC_Ep7".

However, when I clicked the KotF 2.1 SP.exe, it did not work. I also tried to run with Windows XP compability and run as an admin.

https://image.ibb.co/mSKkb8/error.png

Run the updater or reinstall the mod.

I tried manual download and it worked. It seems that the problem relates to the updater.

By the way, I don't know if it is intentional or be bugged: for the Galatic Republic section, except Master Yoda and Windu, all of the Jedi can't throw their lightsabers like before.

Once again, thank you very much. 

P/s: I was little scared when I saw Darth Sidious's evil face at the first time :)))

The link gives me a 404 error and the updater is no longer working for me : I don't know what's happening haha

Ok, NOW the link works! Also if you use the updater, you'll have to re-install. I'm sorry.

Cool! But why AT-ST is an NPC, Droideka is not an NPC?

I like to think that they are working on a custom Class_Droideka thing for him although I would love to see Class_Galak_mech return like it did in Jedi Academy enhanced but that's just me.

I like to think that they are working on a custom Class_Droideka thing for him although I would love to see Class_Galak_mech return like it did in Jedi Academy enhanced but that's just me.

Hmm Class_Galak_mech is about a monster class for all SW monsters like Wampa and play as monster? It wll be cool and play as AT-AT too.

Hmm Class_Galak_mech is about a monster class for all SW monsters like Wampa and play as monster? It wll be cool and play as AT-AT too.

Most vehicles in SP are broken and only work properly in Multi Player that's why I didnt include them in NPC spawner.  You can still spawn them through console however. To do that type /npc spawn vehicle ATAT but as I said don't expect much. The camera is f****d up and there is not much we can do about it since this is how it's always been in the original game.  At this point I would strongly suggest using multiplayer if you want to use vehicles.

Maksman likes this

Before I installed this patch I was able to open the spawn menu but after installing it an error comes up and it doesn't open. This is the error: WARNING: Menus_ActivateByName: Unable to Find Menu "InGameKotFNpcSpawner" 

EDIT: nvm thanks for the assistance on discord everything is working smoothly now.

• 1 month later...

Hello, just a question like this, will there be the possibility for the player to have to NPCs stats one day by playing as a certain character? Like having 400 health when playing Kylo Ren etc?

Haven't thought about it to be honest with you.

Oh ok, it was the case in the original KOTF, it made gameplay much more diverse, I find. Well, each character has his very own stats and it makes some challenge and balance, like playing as Darth Vader or the Emperor against an army of sith soldiers won't be as much a challenge as trying to fight your way with a 40 HP Imperial TIE Pilot with a single pistol. 

Like the Duel of the Fates included made me think about it. The fight is quite long and against one powerful master jedi and his padawan. Instead of having to rely on the Heal force power, Darth Maul could have his light side power cancelled, but guess a large HP and shield bonus fitting is rank as one of the most powerful sith fighter. 

Well, whatever you do I love this mod and the work you put in it is enormous. Though, maybe this is an idea that could please you to try and apply in the future.

Oh and another question concerning NPCS : will very special NPCS like mines monster, Imperial Security Droids, Imperial Sentry Droid, Howlers and such be playable in the future with their own assets? Some cheats (like level 4 mindtrick) allow for this, so I wondered...