The Clone Wars Season 7

• Circa pinned this topic

Pinning this to be the main season 7 thread, despite the rambling about how Disney is bad. Cleaned it up a little, but the remaining was entertaining enough to leave.

What are your thoughts on season 7 so far? I think the Bad Batch arc was really good. I actually haven't seen the latest 2 episodes, so I can't say how I feel about the Ahsoka one yet.

I really enjoyed the Bad Batch arc, certainly didn't expect Echo to be alive!

Can't say the same for the Ahsoka arc, the Martez sisters didn't click with me. Although it wasn't worse than some of the old 3PO episodes.

We finally get Siege of Mandalore tomorrow so there's that!

krkarr and Circa like this

Welp, first episode of Siege of Mandalore hit me in the feels.

Spoiler

First when Ahsoka is on the holo and her and Anakin meet eyes, such a great moment. 

Then when she comes down the ramp and R2 races to meet her like a child. 

When Obi-Wan came back and said there’s been an attack on Coruscant and suddenly you begin to take in that this is their last conversation before shit hits the fan in ROTS. It was insanely sad, especially with Ahsoka and Obi-Wan not ending on the greatest note there. At least Anakin and Ahsoka ended on good notes. 

it’s interesting that Rex was sent with her, and lines up with why he wasn’t around in ROTS. Obviously a bit of a retcon but I think it was geniously done so far. Can’t wait for the remaining episodes!

NumberWan likes this

Season 7 is a good example of how a Star Wars project should look like. The series made a great step forward with graphics and story-telling, which I mentioned back with the previous seasons. Season 7 has a slightly different approach – with much of the work done long ago, they could polish the plot and focus on the philosophy and development of the characters. Surely, you can feel some new additions in these episodes, which weren't present earlier. For instance, they replaced the original characters with the Martez sisters, which is absolutely okey with me.  

As much as I dislike the idea of Maul being resurrected, his presence here is more than enjoyable. Not sure if I truly like the idea of him being the puppet-master himself. But the current arc looks beautiful.

I know, this no longer matters, but it's sad, that the Episode with the reunion of Ahsoka and Anakin disbands completely the story, created by Genndy Tartakovsky – there Anakin and Obi Wan learn of attack on Coruscant, while being on a mission on Nelvaan. Here we see, that they receive a distress call from Coruscant, while on their star cruiser. A minor detail, but still.

I hope, that next year we'll eventually get four more arks from the Clone Wars, which are set on Utapau (Anakin and Kenobi vs Grievous), Kashyyk (the Bad Batch against Kinraths from KOTOR), Tatooine (Boba Fett, Cad Bane and Tusken raiders) and Pantora (Assaj Ventress and Quinlan Vos). The unfinished versions are partly available in the net.

Circa likes this
2 hours ago, NumberWan said:

I hope, that next year we'll eventually get four more arks from the Clone Wars, which are set on Utapau (Anakin and Kenobi vs Grievous), Kashyyk (the Bad Batch against Kinraths from KOTOR), Tatooine (Boba Fett, Cad Bane and Tusken raiders) and Pantora (Assaj Ventress and Quinlan Vos). The unfinished versions are partly available in the net.

They were clear that this was the end of the Clone Wars, which is why it feels like such a finale.

This Siege of Mandalore arc is going to become an instant must-have for any Star Wars marathon going forward. I really wish they'd release a collection of episodes from TCW that has all the good and necessary arcs for easy watching.

Sam Witwer's performance of Maul is outstanding. I really hope he wins some kind of award for his portrayal of him in some way.

Aldro Koon and gerbilOFdoom like this
  • 5 months later...