The Clone Wars Season 7

I feel dubious somehow. Yes, TCW was one of my favourite stories in Star Wars in recent years, something that never happened to me with Rebels. And yes, I am glad, we'll see new episodes, which is good.

What I am afraid of, is perhaps, that the previous seasons touched the Expanded Universe quiet gently, rewriting completely only a few of the moments there. They even considered Clone Wars (2003-2005) as part of the main line, mentioning the battle of Dantooine with Mace Windu, as well as preserving Anakin's story of a scar, etc. 

This is something we might not see with the new seasons, but there is always hope.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I feel dubious somehow. Yes, TCW was one of my favourite stories in Star Wars in recent years, something that never happened to me with Rebels. And yes, I am glad, we'll see new episodes, which is good.

What I am afraid of, is perhaps, that the previous seasons touched the Expanded Universe quiet gently, rewriting completely only a few of the moments there. They even considered Clone Wars (2003-2005) as part of the main line, mentioning the battle of Dantooine with Mace Windu, as well as preserving Anakin's story of a scar, etc. 

This is something we might not see with the new seasons, but there is always hope.

As long as Dave Filoni is in charge I doubt it'll change much.

Pickles256 likes this

JKG Developer

Extremely mixed feelings. Way too much Disney-style (and un-old-LucasArts-like) cliche in the trailer. Please don't destroy The Clone Wars, too, Disney, you merciless, heartless, savage, corporate bastard.

What? It's still filoni and disney won't change stuff around lol...

Extremely mixed feelings. Way too much Disney-style (and un-old-LucasArts-like) cliche in the trailer. Please don't destroy The Clone Wars, too, Disney, you merciless, heartless, savage, corporate bastard.

The clips in the trailer are all animated from episodes written and in pre-production before the Disney takeover, so it's all old-Lucasarts-like ???

Pickles256 likes this

Maybe he's talking about the editing, or something? :lol:

Bingo.

What? It's still filoni and disney won't change stuff around lol...

If you think the Disney producers won't have a say in the show's direction and appeal, boy are you wrong, kiddo... :facepalm:

the_raven likes this

boy are you wrong, kiddo... :facepalm:

no u

actually tho the reason why rebels didn't have many stormtroopers deaths and stuff was cause it was on Disney XD. Disney isn't going to come in and change everything about the 12 episodes, they have better business sense  than that

Also why would they? Why would they change around a bunch of pre written scripts to censor the last season of a show

People have way too high hopes for this. I'm expecting the exact same situation with what we got with the Samurai Jack return, in which we got a bunch of sorta good episodes unfortunately with a really rushed and poorly fleshed out story due to the very limited amount of episodes and length per episode. Expect a rushed ending, expect to see basically a bunch of old episode ideas mixed together into single episodes with insufficient story progression due to the limited time per episode. Also don't expect the level of maturity to be on level with what the Clone Wars was like previously due to Disney carefully choosing whats "appropriate". Disney is doing this to make people stop talking about the Clone Wars once they've given the fans some scraps of what they actually want so they can move on to their other garbage, basically a way to convince the fans that they haven't been completely abandoned. "See, see, we're giving you Clone Wars, you like us now right?!" And then they completely abandon it again. This season is going to be fun at first and then looked at less admiringly in the future, I damn near guarantee it. There were a good 60-some episodes planned prior to the cancellation. You're only getting 12 episodes, basically half the length of a regular season and this will be the only season you're getting. Disney isn't giving this to you to please the fans, they're doing this to distract you and make you all shut up.

Wasa, AnonMC, the_raven and 1 other like this

I'm surprised you guys haven't won the lottery with your apparent ability to predict the future. Instead of jumping to baseless speculation, you should wait for it to be released so you can actually state a fact-based opinion. 

I'm interested in seeing how they will end the series and if they'll take it as an opportunity to connect with other SW-related projects, like Battlefront II. 

the_raven, Pickles256 and Wasa like this

People have way too high hopes for this. I'm expecting the exact same situation with what we got with the Samurai Jack return, in which we got a bunch of sorta good episodes unfortunately with a really rushed and poorly fleshed out story due to the very limited amount of episodes and length per episode. Expect a rushed ending, expect to see basically a bunch of old episode ideas mixed together into single episodes with insufficient story progression due to the limited time per episode. Also don't expect the level of maturity to be on level with what the Clone Wars was like previously due to Disney carefully choosing whats "appropriate". Disney is doing this to make people stop talking about the Clone Wars once they've given the fans some scraps of what they actually want so they can move on to their other garbage, basically a way to convince the fans that they haven't been completely abandoned. "See, see, we're giving you Clone Wars, you like us now right?!" And then they completely abandon it again. This season is going to be fun at first and then looked at less admiringly in the future, I damn near guarantee it. There were a good 60-some episodes planned prior to the cancellation. You're only getting 12 episodes, basically half the length of a regular season and this will be the only season you're getting. Disney isn't giving this to you to please the fans, they're doing this to distract you and make you all shut up.

Yeah but the show is in 4 episode arc format not one long story so it won't be too bad

I think you guys are overestimating how much disney will interfere 

I'm surprised you guys haven't won the lottery with your apparent ability to predict the future. Instead of jumping to baseless speculation, you should wait for it to be released so you can actually state a fact-based opinion. 

I'm interested in seeing how they will end the series and if they'll take it as an opportunity to connect with other SW-related projects, like Battlefront II. 

My fact based opinion is as follows:

IM HYPE WE GETTIN SIEGE OF MANDALORE

So, does anyone know any details about the episodes?

• Will this 'season' include those six unfinished episodes (Bad batch, Utapau kyber crystal)?
  • Are they gonna show Order 66 in action?
  • Will we get closure for Ventress (I know they did it in book form, but still)?
  • Something else?

• Will this 'season' include those six unfinished episodes (Bad batch, Utapau kyber crystal)?
  • Will we get closure for Ventress (I know they did it in book form, but still)?
  • Something else?

- Bad Batch arc is in, based on the tracking shot in the trailer which is identical to one in the released animatics for that arc.

- Utapau is assumed to be the second arc on the basis that it was at the same level of completion as Bad Batch at the time of cancellation however we don't know for certain at this stage.

- I don't think we will see Ventress. I think the Dark Disciple novel and Son of Dathomir comic will remain the definitive versions of those stories. Since they only have 12 episodes to work with there's no sense in going over old ground - and Dark Disciple alone was planned to be an 8-part arc across two seasons.

the_raven likes this

- Bad Batch arc is in, based on the tracking shot in the trailer which is identical to one in the released animatics for that arc.

- Utapau is assumed to be the second arc on the basis that it was at the same level of completion as Bad Batch at the time of cancellation however we don't know for certain at this stage.

- I don't think we will see Ventress. I think the Dark Disciple novel and Son of Dathomir comic will remain the definitive versions of those stories. Since they only have 12 episodes to work with there's no sense in going over old ground - and Dark Disciple alone was planned to be an 8-part arc across two seasons.

I hope we get the last Boba Fett arc in which he teams up with Cad Bane.

Kualan likes this

• Something else?

1. probably

2. Kinda look up filoni's stuff about the siege to know more but i don't want to give too much away

3. The story arcs that were intended for her are now in dark disciple so it's unlikely to be re done (It's a great book tho)

I think you guys are overestimating how much disney will interfere

We shall see.

The fact that they haven't sacked Kathleen Kennedy yet speaks volumes.

In any case, I'm not keeping my hopes up for this one. It'd be nice if we get some decent, new CW episodes, but it would also be akin to a miracle.

Definitely not supporting Disney by subscribing to their new streaming service. There are other ways... (Once a rebel, always a rebel.)

the_raven likes this