Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

• 2 weeks later...
don't use the regular chrome one from the assets. That looks awful on EVERYTHING.

Actually I was quite happy with it

w9HeX.jpg

I used it for the metal parts of the Selkath's armor but used alphaGen const to reduce the effect a little , and I dont really think it looks awful

but It's still not suited for plastic , for plastic I'd most likely use

a simple dark gray env map with  a white, blurred, circle on it

The first thing I'd like to do right now is give a progress update.

I've been working on several different clones, since I am kind of stuck 212 wise. My focus has now shifted towards the Wolfpack. They have fairly simple markings so they aren't too hard to do. It is The Wolffes that are tricky with their complex head markings. Anyway I'll keep working on them and post their progress when I feel they are ready.

I also have a question, how exactly do I add a glow shader? I don't have much experience regarding shaders so I really haven't grasped much of what you guys have said regarding that particular subject. If you could better explain it to me I would be must grateful.

But I did not come without something to show, here are two of my takes on two clones, the 501st and the 212th phase 2.

I know versions of both of these clones I have already been made, but I liked to try my hand it just aboute everything.

Setlec and Kualan like this

Very nice! Can't wait for the full release.

Indeed. However skinning the Phase II version (the head at least) is going to be an absolute nightmare. Since he basically has the entire Wolfpack symbol on his head, getting everything to fit just right will be tricky. But he looks much like the one I have already done in terms of position.

I've already taken care of Phase II Sinker, Boost, Comet, and standard trooper in terms of the Wolfpack.

Their armor is fairly simple aside for Wolffe who is a little tricky.

But hopefully I can find a way to make Wolffe succesfully.

Wow, these are all incredible! Great work!

Thank you very much. :)

Which helmet model are you using as the base? The standard Phase 2 one?

I am using a modified version of the Phase 2 standard helmet. I pasted the Neyo visor on it so that the symmetry of the model will balance out a lot better. The Neyo specific helmet has model issues which make the shape seem a little off.

Now, here is a more interesting update. The following skin has had more than just skinning work. As you'll we see the clone now has adjusted parts.

So, without further delay, here is the new and improved Phase 1 Commander Gree

I would like to further say that I did not do the modelling work. That honor belongs to someone who I shall call "Tavik Kenobi". WIthout his hard work, this Clone and many others would not have been possible. So I give special thanks to him and all his hard work. The model is completly finished yet but this will basically be it.

Enjoy.

Malkav and Kualan like this
  • 2 weeks later...

How's the Phase 2 Wolffe coming along? Was thinking of giving it a go myself if you've run into the problems you anticipated. I imagine it's tricky, that particular helmet. If you've found some decent reference material, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

How's the Phase 2 Wolffe coming along? Was thinking of giving it a go myself if you've run into the problems you anticipated. I imagine it's tricky, that particular helmet. If you've found some decent reference material, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

He's getting there. But Wolffe has kind of taken the back burner right now. I guess I try to do too many projects at once. I do have another part of the wolfe symbol skinned on for the the test. I still need to tinker around with it to get to work.

As far as reference goes this as what I used:

http://www.501st.com/databank/File:S4_wolffe_helmet.jpg

I'll have to get back to Wolffe. I have mainly been working on the Shocktrooper as of late so I will have to really find a clone and stick to it until I get it finished. Like I did with Phase 1 Gree.

Kualan likes this

He's getting there. But Wolffe has kind of taken the back burner right now. I guess I try to do too many projects at once. I do have another part of the wolfe symbol skinned on for the the test. I still need to tinker around with it to get to work.

As far as reference goes this as what I used:

http://www.501st.com/databank/File:S4_wolffe_helmet.jpg

I'll have to get back to Wolffe. I have mainly been working on the Shocktrooper as of late so I will have to really find a clone and stick to it until I get it finished. Like I did with Phase 1 Gree.

Motivation is more important than anything when it comes to this sort of thing. Just keep doing whichever one grabs your interest at the time.

Motivation is more important than anything when it comes to this sort of thing. Just keep doing whichever one grabs your interest at the time.

Indeed. That probably is the only way to get anywhere with these guys. I am working on Wolffe right now. I am trying to get the ear shape on the helmet to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, Phase 2 Wolffe is just about finished. He only needs a few minor adjustments to be just right. Testing him out in game however, I noticed that even though he uses the same textures as the Neyo head does, the two breathing nodes on the standard phase 2 helmet stand out too much so I had to try something a little different. His new head is new a combo of the standard helmet and the Neyo one. Since both helmets are basically the same, I used a little transparancy trick so that the helmet that doesn't have the two breathing nodes connects with the standard helmet, since as I mentioned before, the lines on the top of the helmet look oddly placed on the Neyo Helmet.

Anyway in terms of my other recent work, I have really been working on a Phase 2 Commander Fox and Phase 1 Rex. Both of which are coming along nicely. No pictures yet but I hope to have something new for you guys soon.

Also one quick question to the people who pointed out the shader issue, do you guys think the image of the Wolfpack above fits the plastic like quality you mentioned?

• 2 weeks later...

Update time. I have been working on a bit of things lately. Phase 1 Captain Rex, and Phase 1 Jesse are on the brink of completion. Especially Jesse. Among others, I have been working on a little concept idea. Basically it is an idea I've had for awhile now. It is currently an Imperial based legion but I have plans to work into clone trooper armor. No pictures at this time. I am working on some concepts and I'll probably give it its own thread. Once I have some more concepts planned out I will upload them here.

Now, the clones are not on hold. I still plan to work on both. Is there any particular clone you want to see finished more than others? This will help me to better chose one and work on it.

I will also try and add a list of all my planned clones.

Update time. I have been working on a bit of things lately. Phase 1 Captain Rex, and Phase 1 Jesse are on the brink of completion. Especially Jesse. Among others, I have been working on a little concept idea. Basically it is an idea I've had for awhile now. It is currently an Imperial based legion but I have plans to work into clone trooper armor. No pictures at this time. I am working on some concepts and I'll probably give it its own thread. Once I have some more concepts planned out I will upload them here.

Now, the clones are not on hold. I still plan to work on both. Is there any particular clone you want to see finished more than others? This will help me to better chose one and work on it.

I will also try and add a list of all my planned clones.

Rewatched the finale episodes tonight, and decided to work on Commander Fox for use in my JKA webcomic. This isn't as polished as I imagine your finished product will be, but thought you might be able to get a use out of it for reference;

CommanderFox.jpg

Believe it or not, that looks almost exactly like the first draft I made of Fox. He looks exactly the same color red. I am using a new draft that has a clearer white. Since Fox has a pretty clean armor.

But very nice work. Great minds think a like.