Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

Made some great progress and just had to show this off.

27290773860_ac2dbd341d_o.jpg

I'd suggest you, seen your very good skills in skinning, to make all clone of the episode 3 clone variants that's possible to create with Ashura's Clone Trooper model. It would be useful to complete his work, to have all new updated models, not just a few. Keep up the great work ! :D

swegmaster likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow. Been almost two years since I last posted in this thread. Well, I have returned and finally begun work on knocking out clones. I've decided to start off with the 501st as that seems to be one of the most popular. I'm a bit limited with what I can make due to the lack of accessories, but pretty much any standard trooper is fair game. So to start it all off, I wanted to show a character I just finished that being the ever loyal Dogma.

39992451892_c7e42b51c8_o.png

Working with other games has taught me the value of taking one character at a time instead of trying to get multiple at once. 

I've also developed a signature scratching style that yields much better results. Here is a comparison between the original prototype and the new finished one.

25153406207_0687a652e1_o.png

As you can see the original one looks like a bunch of scratches just stuffed inside the paint and it honestly just looks sloppy. Whereas with this newer version, the blue actually looks it was painted that has edged away.

I forgot how both fun and infuriating it was to work on clones. I have honestly had more trouble skinning this model than any other due to how tricky it can be to get some of the armor patterns to line up. With that said, unlike the Stormtrooper this skin looks as good as it does in ModView.

So with Dogma out of the way Hardcase is my next target. His rough prototype is almost done, but he is still in need of some work. I hope to update this a bit more regularly, but I have a lot going on so we'll just have to wait and see.

Tompa9, Jeff, Wasa and 13 others like this

Wow. Been almost two years since I last posted in this thread. Well, I have returned and finally begun work on knocking out clones. I've decided to start off with the 501st as that seems to be one of the most popular. I'm a bit limited with what I can make due to the lack of accessories, but pretty much any standard trooper is fair game. So to start it all off, I wanted to show a character I just finished that being the ever loyal Dogma.

39992451892_c7e42b51c8_o.png

Working with other games has taught me the value of taking one character at a time instead of trying to get multiple at once. 

I've also developed a signature scratching style that yields much better results. Here is a comparison between the original prototype and the new finished one.

25153406207_0687a652e1_o.png

As you can see the original one looks like a bunch of scratches just stuffed inside the paint and it honestly just looks sloppy. Whereas with this newer version, the blue actually looks it was painted that has edged away.

I forgot how both fun and infuriating it was to work on clones. I have honestly had more trouble skinning this model than any other due to how tricky it can be to get some of the armor patterns to line up. With that said, unlike the Stormtrooper this skin looks as good as it does in ModView.

So with Dogma out of the way Hardcase is my next target. His rough prototype is almost done, but he is still in need of some work. I hope to update this a bit more regularly, but I have a lot going on so we'll just have to wait and see.

Fantastic work, man!

I think it looks pretty accurate.

• 1 month later...

Okay finally finished the next 501st clone: Hardcase.

40247322744_274bbf65eb_o.png

My absolute least favorite part of skinning is getting everything lined up right. That is especially true for the lines on Hardcase's helmet.  <_<

40247323714_04f22e8809_o.png

Regardless I am absolutely thrilled with how he turned out.

I think Jesse is up next. He should be a bit easier since his arms are exactly like Dogma's.

The Punisher, Kualan, Xioth and 7 others like this

Okay finally finished the next 501st clone: Hardcase.

40247322744_274bbf65eb_o.png

My absolute least favorite part of skinning is getting everything lined up right. That is especially true for the lines on Hardcase's helmet.  <_<

40247323714_04f22e8809_o.png

Regardless I am absolutely thrilled with how he turned out.

I think Jesse is up next. He should be a bit easier since his arms are exactly like Dogma's.

Excellent work, dude! Hyped to see the results of the others you’re working on. Will definitely be following this, with a watchful eye.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Despite my lack of activity here, I am still working on things from time to time. Here are two more skins from the 501st pack: The Clone Wars Jet Trooper and Jesse.

43431050402_ebb677eafe_o.png

I know Jesse still needs some adjustment on the silver line on his helmet and I'll say that the Jet Trooper's arms were one of the must infuriating things I'd ever had to skin. Still, now that I have a template to work with, it will be easier for future skins based off this design.

Jeff, Kualan, Lancelot and 4 others like this

Despite my lack of activity here, I am still working on things from time to time. Here are two more skins from the 501st pack: The Clone Wars Jet Trooper and Jesse.

43431050402_ebb677eafe_o.png

I know Jesse still needs some adjustment on the silver line on his helmet and I'll say that the Jet Trooper's arms were one of the must infuriating things I'd ever had to skin. Still, now that I have a template to work with, it will be easier for future skins based off this design.

Awesome, man!

I like the battle-worn grittiness to it.

• 4 months later...

Since Scerendo released his awesome model of the Shoretrooper, I've been having some fun with it.

45442341464_47c04e7fea_o.pngI've also done some personal adjustments to the others as well as work on the elusive AT-ACT Driver, and a plain white tank driver, but I figured I'd just show off this for now.

What is this trooper variant mate?