Resolution Issues

Skip to the third paragraph for the problem I am having at the moment. (This one doesn't count)

Well, as most of you know, I suffered the evil jedi academy black screen. But it didn't end there.

I figured I could install the legacy driver and that it might help the problem. And of course it didn't. In fact, it made things WORSE!

I got the driver here: http://support.amd.c...iw_vista32.aspx

After I installed it, I tried to run jka, with no avail. Later, I uninstalled it (or tried to anyway).

My computer screen resolution is 1280 x 800.

Now, the problem I have now is AFTER I installed and uninstalled the legacy drivers, when I ran halo ce, (the resolution on the game halo ce is 800 x 600)

the game ran in full screen, only the game screen was smaller with a black border around it. You may ask "Well, why don't you just adjust the resolution to a higher setting?". Well I have, but at a higher resolution the game is very choppy and laggy. Before I could have the resolution of the game at 800 x 600 and it would cover the whole screen, now it only covers the middle part with a black border around it. This also happens with other applications I run, such as an emulator, zsnes. Also, I tried changing the desktop resolution to 800 x 600 in an attempt to get fullscreen on the lower resolution again, but now my whole desktop has a black border around it! Can someone help?

No, if I set the resolution at 1280 x 800 it will cover the whole screen, but the game will lag because the resolution is too high. I want the resolution at 800 x 600, not at 1280 x 800, but when I set it lower I get the black border because the screen isn't stretching to cover the whole screen.

Yes, that's pretty much what it looks like, only the screen that isn't black is bigger. The same thing happens with the desktop when I change the resolution.

Recently, I just ran driver sweeper and cleared out the old remnants of the other drivers. Then, because halo wouldn't work unless I updated my drivers, I updated using driver robot to the newest driver available for my ati radeon x1200. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. I went to the catalyst control center to try and find a scaling option to stretch the screen, but unfortunately, I can't find the option anywhere in the control center. Graphic driver is updated. Please help!

Already tried that opengl32.dll thing long ago, as well as many other options. That has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I fixed the problem, the reason the screen behaved like that was because of the updated driver I installed. I did a system restore and now the screen resolution stretch is back to normal. Still, no jka, still get the black screen when I launch it with sound, (no splash or anything) but thanks for your help so far.

Edit: I do play jka with a no-cd fix, and the game is CD. (a virtual mounted one).

Okay, Thanks. Btw Make this SOLVED

He appears to still be having some resolution errors with JKA based on his last post, so unless he asks me to mark this solved himself, I will leave it be.

Edit: I do play jka with a no-cd fix, and the game is CD. (a virtual mounted one).

I have known numerous games to not work properly due to both no-cd cracks and when using virtual drive emulators. Why not try it without the no-cd crack, and also try it with a physical disc.

Your video card is stupid old, it's no wonder you can't run anything in your native resolution without lag, it's not even a driver or pc problem, hardware is just way out of date. The chipset is from 2007 which in technology terms is ancient.

Since you're on a widescreen monitor try some of the fixes here or run in window mode at a low resolution, try setting the graphics to a medium setting in the menu, granted you are able to get to the menu.

http://www.widescree...di_academy.html

To say a game doesn't support widescreen is retarded, it's a rendered 3d environment, not pre-recorded video that's being stretched to fit. The only parts that are stretched when playing in widescreen are menu's and huds.

Also, I've run TONS of way older games on win 7 x64, Star Wars Rogue Squadron and Star Wars X-Wing Alliance to name a couple in full widescreen, didn't even have to go to classic theme.

Minilogoguy18, this is the problem iv been having with jka: http://jkhub.org/top...y-black-screen/

Also, iv played jka on an even older computer with an even older radeon card and it still worked fine.

Indeed, it isn't a driver problem, iv tried running it in wi- Just check the link above ^^^.

Anyway, I shall try what you suggested with that link, not sure if it will help, but thanks anyways.

EDIT:

Tried it, didn't work, DARN YOU WINDOWS 7 and RADEON!

When you set the custom width and height did you set it to your desktop resolution?

The opening cutscenes or any custscenes that are .roq videos wont work in widescreen and always will be black no matter what you do. The black screen during gameplay though is definitely a resolution problem. Also, if you are running the game in a mod like JA+ there may be another cfg you'll need to modify for the resolution to be right as some mods will generate their own config file.