Metadata for mods hosted on JKHub

Nothing like that you could use I'm afraid. In fact I've kiiiind of tried to make it as bot-unfriendly as I sensibly could in terms of traffic filtering, because we've had a whole bunch of abuse issues with bots downloading all/many files over and over and eating all the bandwidth/busting the cache/etc.

Pardon if I'm in the dark asking this, but why let bots download it in the first place at all? Why not ban bots entirely, and only let real users download? :huh:

Pardon if I'm in the dark asking this, but why let bots download it in the first place at all? Why not ban bots entirely, and only let real users download? :huh:

That's the goal, but the bots goal is to make it look like they're a legitimate user and get past the radar - thus its always a constant struggle to keep the bots out entirely as programmers/admins on both sides do all they can to achieve their goal.

the_raven likes this

JKG Developer

Would anyone consider trying to code in a way to use this to search and download mods via a console command? I would try this myself but I'm not that familiar with the OpenJK code.

JKG might want to make use of it this for when people don't have maps etc, we could have the client prompt them if they want to download/install the server's map.  That being said, its pretty low on my list of priorities to do so, and I've got several other things I'm working on for JKG right now before I worry about a feature that is somewhat unnecessary.

JKG Developer

Just wanted to post an update to this: After I iron out a few bugs I will begin work on the actual one-click mod install process. The buttons now work, so you can browse and search for any file on this site from the app.