George Lucas reveals his original plans for sequel trilogy.

It looks like the sequel trilogy was going to be about some creatures named the whills.(Which I'm not that familiar with it)

GL: [The next three Star Wars films] were going to get into a microbiotic world. But there’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.

GL: If I’d held onto the company I could have done it, and then it would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did Phantom Menace and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.

Smoo, Droidy365 and Onysfx like this

It looks like the sequel trilogy was going to be about some creatures named the whills.(Which I'm not that familiar with it)

So which is it then: the Whills or the Midi-chlorians? Make up your mind, George!!

Or was it going to be a 'Whills vs Midi-chlorians' kind o'thing? :lol:

I would have preferred GL's story about the Whills over this new weird trilogy with too much political aspects. It could have at least tied the loose ends about Anakins origin, with a deeper sight to the Force itself.

Because the fight between good and evil - jedi and the sith- is eternal. Anyone can write a story about Luke or one of his grand-grand sons/daughters or Kanan (whoever) vs sith lords, but only George can further expand the universe, explain everything and well, we dont have to like it BUT its his story and whatever he says will be canon. At least thats how I see it.

I would have preferred GL's story about the Whills over this new weird trilogy with too much political aspects. It could have at least tied the loose ends about Anakins origin, with a deeper sight to the Force itself.

Because the fight between good and evil - jedi and the sith- is eternal. Anyone can write a story about Luke or one of his grand-grand sons/daughters or Kanan (whoever) vs sith lords, but only George can further expand the universe, explain everything and well, we dont have to like it BUT its his story and whatever he says will be canon. At least thats how I see it.

The problem with Lucas is that despite being the creator of the SW universe (as with most creators in fact), his ideas are pretty limited overall. He made the original Star Wars as pretty much a one-shot thing, but once he saw how it became popular, he started thinking up more and more stuff, eventually losing the string, and turning it into something entirely different. This is mainly why all the post-OT (if not post Empire) stuff created by him gets more and more silly, absurd, or is good but just too different. Also, why he didn't participate in the making of the 80% of the old EU.

Everyone says Disney are ruining the franchise, but everyone is overlooking the fact that Disney actually are working closely with Lucas, so there's nothing they're bringing to the table that was not his idea initially, save maybe for the lame ass SJW bullshit.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I disagree with you, because I actually like the prequels, New Hope might have been a one-shot thing, but Lucas had a pretty good idea of how the story would continue for 2 more films (even 5 more films supposedly). While he was writing those stories, he was already doing early scripts for what would later turn out to be the prequels. Lucas is an excellent writer, he as imagination, but he's not the best director. The story from episode 1 to 6 is amazing, but a lot of the ''bad stuff'' in prequels was the result of bad directing. Take Anakin for example, Hayden Christensen is not that bad of an actor, but he got his share of dirt when fans overreacted to Anakins whiny, emo, needy personality in AOTC & ROTS. He did what Lucas told him to do.

"Disney is working closely with Lucas" sounds good on paper, but in reality he has very little to say. He didn't write Episode 7, or Episode 8.

dg1995, ent and Wasa like this

GL's version would have been way better than what we got with Disney. Although people would still probably be pissed off if we went in that timeline, blissfully unaware of the horrors Disney has inflicted.

And we would have gotten "How the Whills have ruined Star Wars ?" videos instead of  "How TLJ has ruined Star Wars ?" videos.

the_raven and Onysfx like this

I disagree with you, because I actually like the prequels, New Hope might have been a one-shot thing, but Lucas had a pretty good idea of how the story would continue for 2 more films (even 5 more films supposedly). While he was writing those stories, he was already doing early scripts for what would later turn out to be the prequels. Lucas is an excellent writer, he as imagination, but he's not the best director. The story from episode 1 to 6 is amazing, but a lot of the ''bad stuff'' in prequels was the result of bad directing. Take Anakin for example, Hayden Christensen is not that bad of an actor, but he got his share of dirt when fans overreacted to Anakins whiny, emo, needy personality in AOTC & ROTS. He did what Lucas told him to do.

"Disney is working closely with Lucas" sounds good on paper, but in reality he has very little to say. He didn't write Episode 7, or Episode 8.

Well, note that i said that there was good outside of the OT, just that it looked somewhat out of place.

And to be fair, while i didn't much like Anakin, i have no problem with Hayden. But i get where you're coming from.

And we would have gotten "How the Whills have ruined Star Wars ?" videos instead of  "How TLJ has ruined Star Wars ?" videos.

Yep. And nobody would believe that it could possibly be worse in that parallel reality lol.

dg1995 likes this

I think that George Lucas directed prequels because no one wanted to direct them.(That Back to the feature director and Steven Spielberg turned down George Lucas's offer)

The problem with Lucas is that despite being the creator of the SW universe (as with most creators in fact), his ideas are pretty limited overall. He made the original Star Wars as pretty much a one-shot thing, but once he saw how it became popular, he started thinking up more and more stuff, eventually losing the string, and turning it into something entirely different. This is mainly why all the post-OT (if not post Empire) stuff created by him gets more and more silly, absurd, or is good but just too different. Also, why he didn't participate in the making of the 80% of the old EU.

Everyone says Disney are ruining the franchise, but everyone is overlooking the fact that Disney actually are working closely with Lucas, so there's nothing they're bringing to the table that was not his idea initially, save maybe for the lame ass SJW bullshit.

orginal trilogy is just as silly and as badly written as the prequels, the recent hate to prequels comes from a certain nitpicking movie critic *cough*Plinkett*cough*. Prequels saw a giant success world wide when they were released(especially revenge of the sith) .

orginal trilogy is just as silly and as badly written as the prequels, the recent hate to prequels comes from a certain nitpicking movie critic *cough*Plinkett*cough*. Prequels saw a giant success world wide when they were released(especially revenge of the sith) .

Can you be more specific? Other than the man-eating teddy bears, i can't think of many silly things in the OT. That is, if you ignore the physics and other such things.

As to my dislike of the prequels, i haven't heard of Plinkett, so i'm not exactly on the bandwagon. Thing is, the prequels are: 1) too polished design wise, 2) too cgi, 3) too much talk about things nobody really cares about - we watch sci-fi and fantasy to escape all the economics, law, and politics of the real world.

TPM was arguably the weakest PT movie, but it had its moments: it was a new chapter in SW film, the cgi were bearable, and there were practical effects too. The whole premise was boring, but at least it was diluted by action, and new content.

TCW was - in my own opinion - the worst. The movie is supposed to be about the Clone Wars, but we see the clones for only some 5-15 minutes total, and the clone Wars only start at the end of the movie and get some 5 minutes of screentime. The rest is a really badly written love pre-story for Anakin and Padme and Obi-Wan's investigation that's equally as uninteresting. The cgi were cartoony and the actors sometimes couldn't act in their environment because of it. Only really good thing about it, save for the Battle of Geonosis and the duel with Dooku was the part when Anakin was saving his mother.

RotS was the best of the three, but still had its weaknesses and inconsistencies.

And i don't even wanna touch the sequel trilogy, especially since it's not a trilogy just yet.

Empire was directed by his mentor Irvin Kershner.(I remember in the behind the scene of 2004 dvd he said that Lucas persuaded him to direct Episode 5)

There is some article out there which Steven Spielberg confirms it that he turned down George's offer for directing episode 1.

Can you be more specific? Other than the man-eating teddy bears, i can't think of many silly things in the OT. That is, if you ignore the physics and other such things.

"I was going to the Toshi Station to buy some power converters!", Leia spontaneously remembers her real mother and that she "always" known that Luke is her real brother, both Chewbacca and C3PO served almost no purpose in the movies(C3PO is somewhat an exception since he played a role of god to the ewoks in RotJ) and their only purpose was selling toys. Remove either from Episode 4 and 5 or Chewbacca in 6 and the plot wouldn't change.

Thing is, the prequels are: 1) too polished design wise, 2) too cgi, 3) too much talk about things nobody really cares about - we watch sci-fi and fantasy to escape all the economics, law, and politics of the real world.

1. Moot point, because prequels and original trilogy are happening in two different time slots, it's only natural for a country(in this case the galactic republic) to be "polished" during its peace time. 2. The Original Trilogy had more blue screens(one of reasons why Luke's lightsaber is green in rotj in the first place) and tricky effects while the prequels had more practical effects than you realize. In fact, each one of the prequel trilogy movies used more pratical effects than all of the original trilogy combined for models and miniatures(Mon Espa, Geonosis, Mustafar), while Millenium Falcon became less and less of a practical set as the time progressed, and after the first Falcon was destroyed they made a second one, which ultimately cost too much to move around. So for many scenes (especially in Return Of The Jedi). 3. Don't speak for everybody because I know a plenty of people who love the politics in the prequels(including myself) so it's a matter of an opinion. Palpatine's rise to power is the greatest thing to ever come out of prequels story-wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhpFsO8wUoI

TCW was - in my own opinion - the worst. The movie is supposed to be about the Clone Wars, but we see the clones for only some 5-15 minutes total, and the clone Wars only start at the end of the movie and get some 5 minutes of screentime.

The movie was a pilot episode to show how the show play out. People loce the tv show not the movie.

The rest is a really badly written love pre-story for Anakin and Padme and Obi-Wan's investigation that's equally as uninteresting. The cgi were cartoony and the actors sometimes couldn't act in their environment because of it. Only really good thing about it, save for the Battle of Geonosis and the duel with Dooku was the part when Anakin was saving his mother

That's a matter of opinion, as for me I loved how the movies portrayed Anakin as a mentally ill man that was neglected by his "friends" or Obi-Wan becoming a detective for one arc. Orginal Trilogy's practical sets were just as cartoony(ANH and ROTJ).

I love both Star Wars trilogies, but both of them are imperfect and have similar problems. That's all what I had to say.

dg1995, z3filus and Smoo like this