Sword Art Academy: A Jedi Academy SAO Mod

Sword Art Academy is a total conversion mod project for Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy; an amazing Star Wars game mostly focused on lightsaber combat, as you all know. Given that this game isn't very well known (or rather, it doesn't have the large community it should) I thought that I'd spread the game's popularity - SAO is a very popular anime, after all. Also, Jedi Academy arguably has the best lightsaber combat ever, whereas the games based on the anime are sadly lacking great sword combat - sure, it's alright, but nothing great. To me, an anime about a game that's all about sword combat deserves to have something with great sword combat. That's where Sword Art Academy comes in: However, in order to make this mod, we need some mod developers and a community. Feel free to share it with your friends to help with this. This mod is being made for Star Wars fans and SAO fans alike. Even if you don't like SAO, surely you'll be able to appreciate what we're doing. Thanks guys.

Link to the Discord server: https://discord.gg/67j7DCh

I do like anime/games for Sword Art Online very much, but now i am just wondering do you at least have one developer making progress for the mod since most other devs would be less inclined on helping to build the mod and to be honest as of right now you need to build a team, clear roadmap, and progress of the mod to create interest and a bigger team for the mod you want to build.

scp_chaos1 likes this

I do like anime/games for Sword Art Online very much, but now i am just wondering do you at least have one developer making progress for the mod since most other devs would be less inclined on helping to build the mod and to be honest as of right now you need to build a team, clear roadmap, and progress of the mod to create interest and a bigger team for the mod you want to build.

I've made 99% of what I've got in the mod at the moment, with the 1% being ported models that will be changed in the future, as well as edited content. @@Rooxon is making some swords for me, but I am looking for some team members. Eventually, this is going to become a total conversion mod, with a start and finish.

MrDJSilva likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
21 hours ago, Xioth said:

@Droidy365is there any progress on this?

I have no room to talk as most of my mods took forever to release but was just wondering if there was an update.

I haven't worked on this mod for a fair while. Honestly, I've considered taking the assets I've made and starting anew with it - making it multiplayer based, rather than single player. However, there are a lot of complicated things that I'd like to add if I did that, such as:

A skill tree (using the Force Power menu system)

A level system for unlocking higher skill mastery (based on the amount of kills a player has)

An inventory

In-depth character customisation

Items giving you different armours for customisation and stats

Custom playermodels

Large maps

And perhaps the most interesting (but implausible) one; interconnected servers for a pseudo-open world - loading into a new map with the same stats, and loading back again without issue.

That's just to just name a few features I'd like to have. Sadly, I don't know how to go about adding anything like this. It was already an ambitious project to begin with, but honestly I feel like it would be much better as a multiplayer project than as a single player one. That's just my thoughts on this though, feel free to share your own.