Coruscant/esq city

So I have been wanting to make this for awhile. I still need a name for this city as I want it to fit somewhere into the Star Wars lore. Some place not quite Coruscant but a bit like Nar Shaddaa. Got inspired to make it after watching Altered Carbon. Right now its mostly place holder textures as I'm still in the process of crafting Aurabesh/huttese advertisements and shaders aswell as color changing LED lights for most of the buildings. Im also in the process of creating one hell of a skyportal. Eventually Ill make a new shader for the sky traffic and the traffic on those curved freeways. 

Anyway here is an early look. Im trying to learn the func_ features so I can make those strobe lights shift back and forth. 

OPwzOee.jpg

hPDSyLZ.jpg

crEwE59.jpg

One of the textures Ive made so far inspired off of the placeholders Ive been using. This is actually all in one texture as the screen changes every three seconds, like something you would see in Times Square. Eventually Im going to fill up the whole city with shaders, as many as the game can handle. 

DFwoGMF.jpg tsY5A0R.jpg

z0Amkjz.jpg

So I have been wanting to make this for awhile. I still need a name for this city as I want it to fit somewhere into the Star Wars lore. Some place not quite Coruscant but a bit like Nar Shaddaa. Got inspired to make it after watching Altered Carbon. Right now its mostly place holder textures as I'm still in the process of crafting Aurabesh/huttese advertisements and shaders aswell as color changing LED lights for most of the buildings. Im also in the process of creating one hell of a skyportal. Eventually Ill make a new shader for the sky traffic and the traffic on those curved freeways. 

Anyway here is an early look. Im trying to learn the func_ features so I can make those strobe lights shift back and forth. 

OPwzOee.jpg

hPDSyLZ.jpg

crEwE59.jpg

One of the textures Ive made so far inspired off of the placeholders Ive been using. This is actually all in one texture as the screen changes every three seconds, like something you would see in Times Square. Eventually Im going to fill up the whole city with shaders, as many as the game can handle. 

DFwoGMF.jpg tsY5A0R.jpg

z0Amkjz.jpg

Damn! Well, if this masterpiece is anything to go by.. You should definitely look at doing a Coruscant map. Quite possibly one that could replace the one from the base game. That particular map is so off and the only thing that's even remotely accurate, is the architecture (albeit, just barely). You've pretty much nailed it, with this map. If there's any likelihood of you doing a Coruscant map, that'd be awesome! Or if you don't manage to come up with a name for this one, you could quite easily turn it in to Coruscant. Great work, though. Coming along really nicely. 

I didn't know Sting plays Star Wars games lol.

He practices Tantra and can meditate across the universe. Who knows? :P

what is providing the structural support for the curved rails? Or are they just floating in space?

I am still debating whether or not to make pillars, but I am probably going to suspend them by cables when I add more skyscrapers just to make the city look more dense. There is so much to do. I eventually want to make unique looking window textures so it looks less repetitive along with several shaders for the freeways. Trying to keep the brush count for the skyportal low and mostly rely on shaders for the detail and lighting. My original plan was to make a cloudy dusk/ latesunset skybox so I could go crazy with env and spec maps. But the fog looks alot more practical and I can get away with adding more detail. 

You need a name huh? Well, if you don't go with a Star Wars name, I know a name from one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life about a futuristic city: Metropolis.

YESSSSSS! I loved that film. 

Corellia might be a good setting for that.

I actually used Correllia in one of the Starport advertisements. This is one of several slides. 

"From the outer rim, from the core worlds, to the unknown regions, we welcome you"

Jvqm8w2.jpg

Noodle, ZanderNao and yeyo JK like this
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How's it going? It was such an inspirational start, and the photos are very appealing!

Ripped alot out to start from scratch. Redoing the entire skyportal and making some new textures for new buildings within the skyportal look like distant mega structures. And this time with a more industrial/alien style instead of something you'd see on Earth. I'm also just trying to get a feel for how I want this level to be laid out. 

5YBOXLK.jpg

Jeff, Delta-573, DarthStiv and 1 other like this
  • 2 weeks later...

Some updates. Finally got my own version of skytraffic in. Been doing more experiments with shaders

n8xrqk6.jpg

pPNoWF9.jpg

Just started to expand the lower market.

vanUA1O.jpg

This will be the vista from the Lower Market. I have alot of texture work to do on these buildings. Most notably windows and lighting them up with ads aswell as giving the illusion of more density in the background.

vMbOSrs.jpg

This is looking quite impressive. The only thing that bothers me a bit (which is an issue I've had when mapping cities) is that the windows textures always look so small compared to the relative height of a character. 

Sting likes this

This is looking quite impressive. The only thing that bothers me a bit (which is an issue I've had when mapping cities) is that the windows textures always look so small compared to the relative height of a character. 

_scale

Damn! Well, if this masterpiece is anything to go by.. You should definitely look at doing a Coruscant map. Quite possibly one that could replace the one from the base game. That particular map is so off and the only thing that's even remotely accurate, is the architecture (albeit, just barely). You've pretty much nailed it, with this map. If there's any likelihood of you doing a Coruscant map, that'd be awesome! Or if you don't manage to come up with a name for this one, you could quite easily turn it in to Coruscant. Great work, though. Coming along really nicely. 

replace t2_rogue... sigh.. i worked 2 years ago to the coruscant SJC map adapted for single player for replace t2_rogue location. i placed first entities and did waypoint navgrid BUT... my teammates of projects never end the work so the project is stopped for what i know. and all it need is just to place entities, alien folks and NPC civilain  and remake the scripts of t2_rogue for match with new map structure and path.

for Main Topic however. i love this work o.o nice! i suggest to use for worlds as Corellia, with darkest lighting and texture can be also a Nar Shaddaa map, but i guess Corellia is more indicated. 

replace t2_rogue... sigh.. i worked 2 years ago to the coruscant SJC map adapted for single player for replace t2_rogue location. i placed first entities and did waypoint navgrid BUT... my teammates of projects never end the work so the project is stopped for what i know. and all it need is just to place entities, alien folks and NPC civilain  and remake the scripts of t2_rogue for match with new map structure and path.

for Main Topic however. i love this work o.o nice! i suggest to use for worlds as Corellia, with darkest lighting and texture can be also a Nar Shaddaa map, but i guess Corellia is more indicated.

Well, I think we have a team of people who may be interested in helping you finish that project, actually. I believed Cerez was part of that project, if I’m not mistaken. But it could still be worked-on and completed, if you’d be willing to work with the team on doing it. We’re currently working on the MD mod, right now. But I’m sure we could fit that in, somewhere and bring it to the conclusion it needs. I remember JCulley3D’s map, myself and it was too good to see get put on the sidelines, with nothing done to it. Just a shame it was never finished by the original team.

We’re on Discord, if you’re on there or can get on there.. We can throw it in to the mix of what we’re doing and get it finished, if you have any interest?

Well, I think we have a team of people who may be interested in helping you finish that project, actually. I believed Cerez was part of that project, if I’m not mistaken. But it could still be worked-on and completed, if you’d be willing to work with the team on doing it. We’re currently working on the MD mod, right now. But I’m sure we could fit that in, somewhere and bring it to the conclusion it needs. I remember JCulley3D’s map, myself and it was too good to see get put on the sidelines, with nothing done to it. Just a shame it was never finished by the original team.

We’re on Discord, if you’re on there or can get on there.. We can throw it in to the mix of what we’re doing and get it finished, if you have any interest?

mmm maybe we can help each other. i can give an hand on next future, finished the summer, not too difficult for my mapping skills also if i am not a professional mapper. in change i want only a thing: i am working on AI for making starfighters as NPC not as Vehicle, because NPC can sort many more shoot weapons and also not need pilot and have much manouvrability of starfighter vehicle of JKA engines. also this can open new frontier to SP , my goal is to create a game mode SP for JKA with space battle FPS gamestyle. my AI is okay for shooting, combat and switching weapons but i am a noob with vectors and movement,. i need a Nice programmer that help me to manage fighter fly movement for create a realistic dogfight combat , like old games as rogue squadron 3D and XWingAlliance. if in your team there is something with the require coding skill and spare time fro write movement functions of fighters, i can surely help you in retun with this map. at moment my fighters move like a sentry droids... so they attack like a assault tornado chopter. silly behavour for a starfighter .-.

Should be great if they move like a VH_SPEEDER or like a rocket launcher homing missile projectile but vehicle codes and projectile code are not compatible with NPC code.

if i remember fine i have SJC t2_rogue source map, textures are fine and also rebuilding. it need just:

- NPC placing entity

- NPC files and models for civilians

- entity for scripting, ref tag scriptrunner etc.

- a rewrite of scripts of t2_rogue.

so.,.. find me a nice coder for help with my little trouble and i jump istantly on discord for chat with your team about that and t2_rogue remake ;) ...

However, we should continue conversation on private message, here we are Off topic.

• 3 months later...