A technical point of view for damage of Unstable Lightsabers

Go to solution Solved by Xeby,

@Kylo ... Star Wars canon is not technical.. because is science fiction...LOL ! We are talking about a Crystals.. so.. NEVER a cracked crystal will be more accurate, powerful, almost perfect like a diamond ! What is so hard to understand ? Must be the George Lucas to answer to this post to believe this Reality ?!  ^_^

@Kylo ... Star Wars canon is not technical.. because is science fiction...LOL ! We are talking about a Crystals.. so.. NEVER a cracked crystal will be more accurate, powerful, almost perfect like a diamond ! What is so hard to understand ? Must be the George Lucas to answer to this post to believe this Reality ?!  ^_^

If you're going to go there....can we talk about how lightsabers are completely impossible and ignore fundamental laws of physics?  And Hyper Drives?  What even?  And then the Force is just ridiculous space magic....oh wait it literally is.  This is Star Wars, not science fiction - but space fantasy/space opera.  Where space is not a vacuum nor very deadly, explosions make sounds in space, and the rule of cool is more important than science.  I mean its your mod do what you want, but can't you see how directly contradicting canon makes less sense than trying to apply real world physics to a highly fantasized series where such would contradict already established rules?  Finally, in terms of game balance, why would anyone want to use an unstable saber if its just inferior in every way? No one will pick it in a serious match, unless it has some sort of benefit that outweighs such disadvantages?  New gameplay elements should offer something to the playing field, some benefit, anything, and not just be an inferior version of every other element that's already in place.  For example: If I introduce new items that suck compared to existing equipment in JKG, I usually balance out that suck by making it cost less (we use credits to pay for equipment).  Here you've just given everyone a crappy piece of equipment with no benefits.

Boothand, the_raven and Wasa like this

JKG Developer

@@Xeby if you plan on releasing the mod, I'd suggest you keep the damageScale at 1 for multiplayer-friendly purposes and set the side blades damages to 0 so they don't add to the damage. If you're intending for it to be a SP version, make the damage scale whatever you want and add the line notInMP 1. But if you intend to throw it in for MP use, make sure to make it fair, MP friendly. So, main blade damage scale 1 and the side blades at 0.

My 5 cents worth of opinion, this is probably the best answer to your question. Otherwise, I doubt there are many kids around (So 10 and under), we all tried to reason with you by being friendly, that's all. Calling people kids just because you don't agree with them doesn't seem right to me.

the_raven, Wasa and Daedra like this

@@Xeby if you plan on releasing the mod, I'd suggest you keep the damageScale at 1 for multiplayer-friendly purposes and set the side blades damages to 0 so they don't add to the damage. Otherwise, I doubt there are many kids around (So 10 and under), we all tried to reason with you by being friendly, that's all. Calling people kids just because you don't agree with them doesn't seem right to me.

If Luke is a female for some kids @ here.. they have some serious problems... about the multiplayer.. we will see.

If Luke is a female for some kids @ here.. they have some serious problems... about the multiplayer.. we will see.

I think you missed my point (sorry to butt back in like that, but I should probably explain it). I was being sarcastic, mimicking what you was essentially saying.

i.e.:

You: I think cracked crystals are weaker. Fact: cracked crystals are stronger and harder to control, hence why nobody uses them, however Kylo Ren managed to build a saber which contained it. You: No way it's impossible! Nooooooooo!

The flipside (me joking) :

Me: I think Luke Skywalker is female. Fact: Luke Skywalker is male. Me: No way it's impossible! Nooooooo!

CZiq32pUUAA_6pg.jpg

I never made that joke, especially never attempted to make such an innuendo. Okay how about a different example;

Me: Can someone tell me if Admiral Holdo's hair is orange? I think it's orange.

You: It's purple *provides proof*.

Me: Uh no this is science fiction, it's not true! You're just a kid fanboy who I've had enough of.

You: ???

@@AshuraDX And I'm cool with it, I'm just trying to understand Xeby.