New Grand-Scale Mod Announcement

Hello there, one and all. Are there any modders out there who would like to take part in an epic adventure of a conversion-related mod? Look no further than here: https://discordapp.com/channels/447902555163590666/447902555163590672

All you need to do to join my new server is provide me with your Discord name and number through a private message and your qualifications. Yes, it's that simple. As a result, I will send an invitation to you, so you can join.

So, step on up and take part in a grand journey to improve that galaxy far, far away...

I'm sorry I didn't think about that.

Well, it is still in the beginning production phase, but I would say that it would combine some of the best things from and aside from Evolution of Combat, Knights of the Force, and Movie Duels and/or Movie Battles.

I would describe the planned outcome to be almost like Evolution of Combat without strange models and melee being a default weapon, as well as Knights of the Force with more realistic properties and textures.

If anyone's interested, please send a private message with your Discord credentials and modding experience, then I shall send an invitation to the server.

@@colonel-the-general

That still doesn't sound convincing enough. We need more information than that. Do you have anything you could show us? Any screenshots? Any list of what you've done so far?

To get modders to join you, you have to win them over, most ideally with evidences. Without any proof, there is little chance that anyone will participate.

Well, somehow or other, screenshots are currently unavailable due to nearly all screenshooting programs coming with a "free trial" plan that becomes shorter that advertised. Also, I guess I could show you people some things I experimented with and hope to use with specific permissions.

Here is something I experimented with that started the idea:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13BTjwBXXseXO5U313aNkt3LTE-OYc-wd/view?usp=sharing

All credit to Toshi and GustavoPredator for the original NPCs and JKHub for preserving Toshi's T_AnaVader mod.

Well, somehow or other, screenshots are currently unavailable due to nearly all screenshooting programs coming with a "free trial" plan that becomes shorter that advertised. Also, I guess I could show you people some things I experimented with and hope to use with specific permissions.

Here is something I experimented with that started the idea:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13BTjwBXXseXO5U313aNkt3LTE-OYc-wd/view?usp=sharing

All credit to Toshi and GustavoPredator for the original NPCs and JKHub for preserving Toshi's T_AnaVader mod.

Use Imgur. Photobucket went to the shitter.

• 2 months later...

Anyway, is anyone still here? I might need some assistance with a Multiplayer crash before we start. I think it has to do with my custom work after replacing the default Imperials with HapSplash Imperial Base Officers. I did edit the torso JPEG images in Paint to downplay the slit in the front of the tunic, but that didn't cause any problems in SP or MP when I did that with the Heroes of the Empire Pack. When I downloaded the Base Officers pack, I reworked the models to have team colours and the default icons. What do you suppose might have started causing my MP to crash?

• 1 month later...

tumblr_mr50z6nV8a1qao1lqo7_500.gif

"grand-scale mod announcement'' seriously? you have nothing to show right now

this is like one of those SharkTank episodes where someone asks for 1 mil and has no sales

That's exactly what I was thinking. No images, no previews, just a request to join a discord server. This shit is starting to scream an attempt to do what TimFX did with KOTF before @@Fire Phoenix and @@Linken took it off his cold hands and made it right. I'm literally having my eyebrow raised to the point where it touches the ceiling and I'm sure everyone else is at this point.

That's exactly what I was thinking. No images, no previews, just a request to join a discord server. This shit is starting to scream an attempt to do what TimFX did with KOTF before @@Fire Phoenix and @@Linken took it off his cold hands and made it right. I'm literally having my eyebrow raised to the point where it touches the ceiling and I'm sure everyone else is at this point.

Nah, this sort of is so far beneath notice and so frequently spammed it doesn't even warrant an eyebrow twitch.

That said I feel kinda bad for all the people who keep trying to do stuff like this, because they just don't know any better.  I need to make a thread about this or something.  I guess maybe this is relevant.

JKG Developer

@@colonel-the-general

Then why did you put "grand-scale" and "announcement" in the same sentence in the first place? It implies that a huge mod is in the works. People go to this topic here, expect a big mod with lots of progress being already made - just to read that they have to join Discord. But that's not how it works. We need actual information, something to work with. You didn't provide us with anything credible that make us believe in your mod. There is no working title, a rough concept or anything.

If you are serious about your project, simply give us the following informations:

1. What is your mod about?

2. What have you done so far? (except creating sound files)

3. Do you have any previous modding experience?

4. Did modders outside JKHub already join your mod?

If you can't provide any answers, that's totally fine. And you don't have to be ashamed if you really don't have anything. All you have to do is be honest to us. Vague explanations are not credible enough to be convincing. And urging people to join Discord is not cool,

except you really have enough content to show us, here on this site.

Also, big mods don't come out of nowhere. They are either planned precisely or grow from smaller mods. They also require experience, a foundation and, most importantly, a competent team leader. Sound files are not enough to talk about a big mod.

I mean, one salami doesn't make a whole pizza.

I'm sure that anyone would like to join your mod. But with that little of content and management, there is no chance somebody ever will.