target_random question

So as i was working out in my mind some things about my sp, i came to the conclusion of a very neat idea. In order to have to it work, i need to use the target_random. Technically i want to add 4 target scriptrunners on a target_random, but what I missed in the documentation if it is possible to run this entity on a script targetname / targetname. (so i can add that to my spawn scripts) The documentation on target_random is kind of vague. I know it can be trigger to do very neat stuff with it (i recall Darth G;s sandcrawler map where you could force push the head of c3p0. It would pick one of the random spots it had attached to it to fly to) but i am not sure if it uses a script targetname or a name and if this can be targetted by a script at all?

• 3 weeks later...

waste of entities. you'd need a separate target_scriptrunner for each target,target2,target3,target4 on target_random..

you can however make just one script with 4 functions it picks at random each run, and have just one entity controlling its start.

waste of entities. you'd need a separate target_scriptrunner for each target,target2,target3,target4 on target_random..

you can however make just one script with 4 functions it picks at random each run, and have just one entity controlling its start.

Can you elaborate on this one. If i am looking at Behabed, i know i can assign "tasks" and let it be executed, however, there is no way in Behaved to assigned a randomized task or add a random number what so ever. There is no option "pick a random number between 1-4" if i would label my tasks 1 to 4 so it knows what task to execute.

when you place the run block and double click it, smash on Expr!, in the range field put, say 1 and 5, hit Rnd, it'll automatically create a random number generator, in this case anything between 1 and 5. the rest you can solve with if's and else's