SP: Escape Taspir [HORDE SURVIVAL GAMEPLAY]

Hello all! I've whipped up a fun little mod that I'll hope you all will enjoy very soon!

Mission:

Jedi Knights JADEN KORR and ROSH PENIN lead a strike team to the Imperial stronghold, Taspir III. After the collapse of the Disciples of Ragnos, the IMPERIAL REMNANT retreated back to maintain their iron grip on their outer-rim planets. Taspir III, where Penin renounced the DARK SIDE, is home to an invaluable power facility that fuels the imperial war machine.

Deployed by MASTER SKYWALKER, the Jedi’s mission was to cripple the base and defeat any Remnant forces they encounter. While the plan was successful in destroying the plant, the rest of the team was unable to defend the landing pad, leaving Jaden and Rosh’s escape plan compromised.

Now, it’s up to the Jedi’s mastery of the force and sheer willpower to survive the full wrath of the Imperial Remnant’s forces and her MERCENARY allies, marshaled by a familiar foe…

Gameplay:

This is a new SP gamemode: survival. You and Rosh must survive an infinite (or limited, if selected) horde of Imperial and Merc forces. It literally is just an arcade game mode where you can see how long you can survive and how many enemies you can take to hell with you. While the core mechanics are finished, I'm building the cinematics and menus now.

You will face 15 constantly respawning enemies, that use a variety of weapons and attack styles. They will randomly select from all the classic JKA weapons, making each encounter unique. While these enemies are still classically stupid, they will be more aggressive than you're use to. In addition, 9 advanced troops will spawn randomly, spicing up the gameplay.

On your side will be the infamous Rosh Penin, now a Jedi Knight. He will fight alongside you with a full arsenal of weapons, force powers, and, of course, his yellow light saber.

Screenshots [WIP]:

hype.PNG?dl=1

Anyway, enjoy! I hope you guys are interested in this! Let me know if there are any features/gameplay styles you'd like to see implemented.

Edited by Circa
Fixed your image link. :P

You could decompile and look at how they did this on the Ciledra map for MP. It's not as elegant as SP obviously since you can't do most of the fancy scripting. But you can make a rough survival mode. I've used this method on a couple of my clan's trial maps.

After I finished this, I'll totally do that! And I was shocked the discover that the map opened in MP and the horde spawned and actually was WAY harder than SP. So maybe there is hope! The respawn and attack mechanics were working!

Aldro Koon likes this

After I finished this, I'll totally do that! And I was shocked the discover that the map opened in MP and the horde spawned and actually was WAY harder than SP. So maybe there is hope! The respawn and attack mechanics were working!

Oh interesting. I might have to get with you and see how you did it in SP so I can do it properly in MP!

therfiles likes this

Hello all! Gameplay and cinematics are coming along nicely.

ALSO: Would any brave souls be willing to BETA test this when the times comes? Just scream at me in this thread and I'll PM you when the time is right! Really need to make sure this thing is bug-free and performs relatively well...my old XP computer isn't happy with it and all the NPCs, but my Mac seems to handle everything fine.

Here are some more screenshots: (UI is WIP, the little "100" indicates the score cap. This can be changed in the main menu)

tas1.png?dl=1

tas2.png?dl=1

tas3.png?dl=1

tas4.png?dl=1

ALSO: Would any brave souls be willing to BETA test this when the times comes? Just scream at me in this thread and I'll PM you when the time is right! Really need to make sure this thing is bug-free and performs relatively well...my old XP computer isn't happy with it and all the NPCs, but my Mac seems to handle everything fine.

Here are some more screenshots: (UI is WIP, the little "100" indicates the score cap. This can be changed in the main menu)

tas1.png?dl=1

tas2.png?dl=1

tas3.png?dl=1

tas4.png?dl=1

I'd love to be a BETA tester :)

DarthValeria and therfiles like this

This is where the fun begins, I've been waiting for a mod like this!

Please just don't go overboard with rocket launcher troops!

(Though can you please make a version without Rosh? And maybe no enemy's defeated counter, or it could be only on milestones)

therfiles likes this

tas1.png?dl=1

tas2.png?dl=1

tas3.png?dl=1

tas4.png?dl=1

Is the pause menu stuff part of the mod or is that from something else?

therfiles likes this

This is where the fun begins, I've been waiting for a mod like this!

Please just don't go overboard with rocket launcher troops!

(Though can you please make a version without Rosh? And maybe no enemy's defeated counter, or it could be only on milestones)

Awesome! Glad you like what you see. There will only be 3 Rockettrooper spawns, and they will only come like every minute/minute and a half. I debated having them at all, but I love how they distract you from the main action and how they make you consider other fronts of battle.

Don't love Rosh? I'll consider making one without him. Two quick points - first, Rosh in this version is a PRO. He switches between weapons and attacks with all force powers. He's strong and he actually pulls his weight. He doesn't follow you like a dog like in JKA lol. Also, with over 15+ enemies spawning, I frankly don't know if survival is even POSSIBLE if they are ALL focused on the player all the time! They'll attack him instead of you at times, which helps you avoid some fire.

And the Enemy Defeated counter (should have clarified this) is ONLY visible on the datapad. I've pressed "M" (my datapad binding) and it pauses the game and shows the score. The score is NOT present overtop of the game haha.

Would you be interested in testing this mod at some point @@Pickles256? And thanks for speaking up @@Droidy365!

Pickles256 likes this

Awesome! Glad you like what you see. There will only be 3 Rockettrooper spawns, and they will only come like every minute/minute and a half. I debated having them at all, but I love how they distract you from the main action and how they make you consider other fronts of battle.

Don't love Rosh? I'll consider making one without him. Two quick points - first, Rosh in this version is a PRO. He switches between weapons and attacks with all force powers. He's strong and he actually pulls his weight. He doesn't follow you like a dog like in JKA lol. Also, with over 15+ enemies spawning, I frankly don't know if survival is even POSSIBLE if they are ALL focused on the player all the time! They'll attack him instead of you at times, which helps you avoid some fire.

And the Enemy Defeated counter (should have clarified this) is ONLY visible on the datapad. I've pressed "M" (my datapad binding) and it pauses the game and shows the score. The score is NOT present overtop of the game haha.

Would you be interested in testing this mod at some point @@Pickles256? And thanks for speaking up @@Droidy365!

Yeah I would like to help, and good to hear about Rosh! Though I'd just like a version without him if it's not too much trouble so I can spawn others in his place

For example sometimes I like to change my playermodel to kanan and have a npc helper that's Ezra, or with maul and savage

I'm excited for this! There's already infinite sith fights so now some infinite trooper fights will be great!

therfiles likes this

Hello all! I've whipped up a fun little mod that I'll hope you all will enjoy very soon!

Mission:

Jedi Knights JADEN KORR and ROSH PENIN lead a strike team to the Imperial stronghold, Taspir III. After the collapse of the Disciples of Ragnos, the IMPERIAL REMNANT retreated back to maintain their iron grip on their outer-rim planets. Taspir III, where Penin renounced the DARK SIDE, is home to an invaluable power facility that fuels the imperial war machine.

Deployed by MASTER SKYWALKER, the Jedi’s mission was to cripple the base and defeat any Remnant forces they encounter. While the plan was successful in destroying the plant, the rest of the team was unable to defend the landing pad, leaving Jaden and Rosh’s escape plan compromised.

Now, it’s up to the Jedi’s mastery of the force and sheer willpower to survive the full wrath of the Imperial Remnant’s forces and her MERCENARY allies, marshaled by a familiar foe…

Gameplay:

This is a new SP gamemode: survival. You and Rosh must survive an infinite (or limited, if selected) horde of Imperial and Merc forces. It literally is just an arcade game mode where you can see how long you can survive and how many enemies you can take to hell with you. While the core mechanics are finished, I'm building the cinematics and menus now.

You will face 15 constantly respawning enemies, that use a variety of weapons and attack styles. They will randomly select from all the classic JKA weapons, making each encounter unique. While these enemies are still classically stupid, they will be more aggressive than you're use to. In addition, 9 advanced troops will spawn randomly, spicing up the gameplay.

On your side will be the infamous Rosh Penin, now a Jedi Knight. He will fight alongside you with a full arsenal of weapons, force powers, and, of course, his yellow light saber.

Screenshots [WIP]:

hype.PNG?dl=1

Anyway, enjoy! I hope you guys are interested in this! Let me know if there are any features/gameplay styles you'd like to see implemented.

That is really cool concept right here!!! From screens loom interesting. Cant wait to play!

Pickles256 and therfiles like this
  • 3 years later...