Which Star Wars Film Was Your First?

Which Star Wars Film Was Your First?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. The first Star Wars film that I saw was...

• Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    • Episode II: The Attack of the Clones
    • Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith
    • Episode IV: A New Hope
    • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    • Episode VII: The Force Awakens
    • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
    • Clone Wars: A Galaxy Divided
    • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

@@MagSul  Television films. There was two. They may have a bad wrap, but they are not bad for kids at all. The second movie is the better of the two. I'd count them because they are movies, even if only for TV and VHS. Droids was a tv series and I don't think they had a movie. I saw a bit of it as a kid. 

Me too. My dad was with me. The lines were 2 blocks long. At the end of the movie, there were people cheering. I have never experienced a movie like that again.

Back then we didn't had much exposure to movies or even movie trailers so I didn't knew what the movie was about but they had R2D2 and C3PO in life size on the front of the theater and when my parents gave me a choice of a gift for great grades I choose them. So on a Saturday night my uncle was visiting from out of town and he took me with my cousin to watch it and I took R2 and 3PO with me and when we got out, even though I could barely speak because of the emotion, I was the envy of the kids that night.

Jeff, Mandalorian and the_raven like this

I saw TPM first. I saw it at my uncle and aunt's house, with my 6 cousins. It was also a pirated VHS, so it was black & white, and there was some white noise and tracking throughout.

Black and white pirated movies? Now that's what i call legendary!

GamerRedNeck likes this

Black and white pirated movies? Now that's what i call legendary!

Yeah. Gotta admit it was a weird experience seeing it in black & white. Sometimes the audio would go to insanely quiet levels, which made the white noise static much louder. A bit of a chore to get through, but I still enjoyed it.

the_raven likes this

My first viewings were a couple years before TPM came out. I was about 5 years old. My dad had taped all 3 movies on VHS when they played on some channel. So I grew up with commercials in my Star Wars films. And since I watched them over and over, I had all the commercials memorized.

Now I really need to ask my parents if they still have those...I need to convert them to digital to keep forever.

the_raven and Mandalorian like this

It was A New Hope. I had rented the DVD from the library. I had a really minimal understanding of Star Wars as a kid, I would always refer to Vader as "Dark Vader" and the only thing I knew about Star Wars was that Vader thought Luke with a green lightsaber. I had actually rented a New Hope with the intention of seeing the fight scene from Return of the Jedi, so I was somewhat disappointed. My reaction was something along the lines of "...That's it?" Ironically enough now, A New Hope is my favorite Star Wars movie.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was 7 I saw part of Attack of the Clones at Fry's Electronics, but my mother didn't want me getting into Star Wars, and my father though at the time it was stupid, so I didn't tell them for awhile that I was a Star Wars fan. A few weeks later I watched most of Return of the Jedi on TV about a week before Revenge of the Sith came out. About a month after that, my parents realized that I wanted to go see ROTS, so they took me and my sister to Sonic for lunch one day and surprised us with the tickets. It was a good day.

Smoo and Lancelot like this