[Update] SW: New Beginning SP Mod

There has been an update! 😀
The mod no longer ends after the trial and conversation between Luke, Rosh, Kyle and Jaden. Players should be led into a new cutscene level and then a whole new level back at the Jedi Academy at nightfall with some entirely new things to do. I'm currently working on the first level away from the academy grounds and am aiming for a Spring 2023 release for that.

Although I played it from start to finish on a clean install without any bugs, people always manage to find them! So, feel free to let me know what you come across. I will post again this coming week with a brief guide for the newest level, but for now I'm not mentioning anything because I'd like to see where people get stuck (if at all!) 😊

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, MagSul said:

Thanks for sharing! Did you load the mod through the in-game menu, or with the included .bat file? And are you using OpenJK or something similar? 🙂

loaded it through the in-game menu. i was playing with a fresh installation of jka with only your mod, though i did try it with openjk before, which causes the people in the sparring arena of the temple not to speak or fight, as well as having this same bug that i reported here.

For whatever reason, the objectives won't display correctly when the mod is loaded through the in-game menu, which is why I included the .bat. The same can be achieved by creating a shortcut to JASP.exe" and adding +set fs_game newbeginning to the end of the Target in the properties menu. Strictly speaking, if you just put th e.pk3 in the base folder, you could load the game normally and shouldn't have an issue playing the mod that way either. 🤔

49 minutes ago, MagSul said:

For whatever reason, the objectives won't display correctly when the mod is loaded through the in-game menu, which is why I included the .bat. The same can be achieved by creating a shortcut to JASP.exe" and adding +set fs_game newbeginning to the end of the Target in the properties menu. Strictly speaking, if you just put th e.pk3 in the base folder, you could load the game normally and shouldn't have an issue playing the mod that way either. 🤔

I fixed it. It breaks when the FPS limit is too high. I limited my FPS to 60 for that scene and it was fine.

MagSul likes this