Trying to add a new part on my model but...

You must add amature modiefier - call it skin and parent it to the skeleton. You also need to weight this model to this skeleton. It also need to be model made of triangles.

Making player models is very time consuming hard process... even adding simething simple as hat is very hard to acheive. There should be video tutorial how to make this... sadly i dont have time lately and i am not skilled enough to do it. But i suggest you one thing - look on the other part of the models and see how things looks with them. I learned from the observation and i made them myself :)

You also have to add a Ghoul 2 property to the mesh: Object -> Ghoul 2 Properties -> Add G2 properties. This will allow you to define the Ghoul 2 properties of that mesh: you can name it - and that name will be the one you'll use in the .skin file to apply a texture on it - and you can apply a specific shader to it (otherwise, if you want to define it in the .skin file, you can write [nomaterial] as shader). You can also tick the mesh as Tag or Off, but being a headband you won't need to tick them off.

You must add amature modiefier - call it skin and parent it to the skeleton. You also need to weight this model to this skeleton. It also need to be model made of triangles.

Making player models is very time consuming hard process... even adding simething simple as hat is very hard to acheive. There should be video tutorial how to make this... sadly i dont have time lately and i am not skilled enough to do it. But i suggest you one thing - look on the other part of the models and see how things looks with them. I learned from the observation and i made them myself :)

the playermodel is playable, i just want to add a new detail to it with the torus i'm putting on my model

You also have to add a Ghoul 2 property to the mesh: Object -> Ghoul 2 Properties -> Add G2 properties. This will allow you to define the Ghoul 2 properties of that mesh: you can name it - and that name will be the one you'll use in the .skin file to apply a texture on it - and you can apply a specific shader to it (otherwise, if you want to define it in the .skin file, you can write [nomaterial] as shader). You can also tick the mesh as Tag or Off, but being a headband you won't need to tick them off.

because of my unfamiliarity to blender, where do i find that option?

https://jkhub.org/topic/10172-blender-jka-frankenstein-modelling/

See the video tutorials, especially:

Skyrim to JKA

Click here to learn how to do it

managed to figure it out with the tutorial, thanks. now i face a new problem, when trying to export the model, it says blender can't load the surface of my model and says something like vertex without UV. what's that about?

how do i go about fixing this?

managed to figure it out with the tutorial, thanks. now i face a new problem, when trying to export the model, it says blender can't load the surface of my model and says something like vertex without UV. what's that about?

how do i go about fixing this?

Make sure the mesh is unwrapped (Edit Mode -> Mesh -> UV Unwrap... -> any of the options - Unwrap option gives the best results if you know how to use it well), and make sure that the UV map edges are split (selecting the "border" edges in the UV map, Edit Mode -> Mesh -> Edges -> Edge Split).

I'm honestly on the brink of giving up because trying to add the torus onto the head of my model is getting frustrating. I'd rather have a one on one conversation with someone over skype and talk my way through this because that's how irritated I am

My advice would be, sleep on it and come back to it tomorrow, and if you have to re-watch the tutorial and try again. Like anything else in life the more you do it the easier it becomes. GL 

Langerd and Basil Bonehead like this

went to bed, cooled off, followed the tutorial some more but the current problem regarding trying to export it is this:

https://img00.deviantart.net/ba10/i/2018/114/3/b/blender_2018_04_24_17_02_11_37_by_mr_mannface-dc9qnzz.jpg

what do i do?

Exactly this:

It also need to be model made of triangles.

To fix it, select the mesh, enter Edit Mode, then press Ctrl + T, which will make all faces of that mesh triangles.

got the triangulate faces things now, tried to export it again and got an error saying "could not load a vertex: unweighted vertex found!"

i weighted the thing, it's weight is set to 1 like in the tutorial, i checked my model i'm trying to add on, it don't get what's going on. for the umpteenth time lol (i gotta stay optimistic sometimes)

yes, i did. i don't know what else to check. i did multiple things to see if it would allow me to export the model and no results

When you switch to weight paint mode and click on the cranium (on the vertex groups), does the entire mesh turns red?

Is cranium all in lower case? When you weighted it, was the option to show non-issue vertices selected?

When you switch to weight paint mode and click on the cranium (on the vertex groups), does the entire mesh turns red?

Is cranium all in lower case? When you weighted it, was the option to show non-issue vertices selected?

yes, yes, and where do i check that because i don't see that option?

I am not at my computer but is on the bottom menu bar. Around 7 or 8 icons to the right of the dropdown where you select weight paint or edit mode.

when you do get on your computer, could you take a screenshot showing where i should look because i don't know what you're referring to. i think our layouts of blender are radically different