Bot support help

Might anyone know how to make a multiplayer character appear as a bot? One example of a character with MP skin and little to no bot support for me would be this: https://jkhub.org/files/file/2894-thrawn-hapslashs-improved-imperial-officer/

The only thing I did was shorten the slit down the front of the torso and edit a bot quote. I can make my player character look like it in MP, but it doesn't appear in the bot selection rosters. Any ideas?

@@colonel-the-general sure, it's called an NPC

Well, what if the NPC has no SP NPC qualities, such as spawning or player modeling? This is the case with HapSplash's Legends Thrawn; I can still make my player character look like him with team colours and everything, but if the mod's description says that it is also a multiplayer bot, then why can't I seem to choose him as one? This is confusing...

Well, the BOT and JKB files are present, but it's almost like the MP game has a numeric limit of bots or something. I simply change the bots' display names, but before and after changing its name to "Legends Thrawn", it just wasn't a selectable bot. Nothing but a multiplayer skin with team colours.

I'm not exactly sure what you did. Did you just rename a vanilla bot to 'legends thrawn'? If so, you'll also need to change the bot model in the .bot file. If not, then make sure the .bot and .jkb files are in the correct directories in the .pk3 file, and when making a brand new .pk3 file, make sure you compress it as .zip first, and then manually rename the extension to .pk3 because otherwise, the game won't "see" it (don't know why though).

You are right, the game does have a limit of bots, but if you exceed that limit, they simply begin replacing the vanilla bots in the game's bot list. Once you remove the excess bots, the vanilla list returns. I don't fully understand the whole thing myself, but I rarely go beyond bot limit, so it's not so big a problem for me.

If all else fails, write down everything you did in the topic here, because personally, I didn't understand what you did (no offense) and most people don't use bots anyway, so getting more answers would take a while (no offense to the guys)

Well, what if the NPC has no SP NPC qualities, such as spawning or player modeling? This is the case with HapSplash's Legends Thrawn; I can still make my player character look like him with team colours and everything, but if the mod's description says that it is also a multiplayer bot, then why can't I seem to choose him as one? This is confusing...

The .npc file from ext_data folder has nothing to do with multiplayer and/ or bots, its for non-player characters that "live" in singleplayer. Both singleplayer npcs and multiplayer bots are computer-controlled though, and therefore are almost the same thing, though only almost, because their behavior and other things are different.

I'm not exactly sure what you did. Did you just rename a vanilla bot to 'legends thrawn'? If so, you'll also need to change the bot model in the .bot file. If not, then make sure the .bot and .jkb files are in the correct directories in the .pk3 file, and when making a brand new .pk3 file, make sure you compress it as .zip first, and then manually rename the extension to .pk3 because otherwise, the game won't "see" it (don't know why though).

You are right, the game does have a limit of bots, but if you exceed that limit, they simply begin replacing the vanilla bots in the game's bot list. Once you remove the excess bots, the vanilla list returns. I don't fully understand the whole thing myself, but I rarely go beyond bot limit, so it's not so big a problem for me.

If all else fails, write down everything you did in the topic here, because personally, I didn't understand what you did (no offense) and most people don't use bots anyway, so getting more answers would take a while (no offense to the guys)

I downloaded a bot/MP skin and gave it another ingame display name, but who knows? This subject confuses even me...

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, has anyone else downloaded the HapSplash OB/Legends Thrawn? Aside from the bot roster/list, I can't find that one bot in it, no matter how much or hard I look. I only changed the display name. Does the game only allow the addition of so many custom bots from modders or something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...