Announcing an out of game JKA community event: JKA Movie Double Feature

OK. So first off.....

Who Am I?

I'm Cyb3rst0rm. 7 year veteran of the Jedi Knight Community. IRL I am William Stewart, a 19 year old Computer Science major with a secondary focus on small business from Anna, IL (whoo, go small town USA). I've been interacting with this community to one degree or another for so long now that it seems appropriate for me to try to launch a sort of event to try and bring the community together for something. Also, I need something on my resume for organizing events (in this case very similar to a video conference. This leads us to the next question:

Gee Cyb3r, what brilliant idea do you have in mind?

How great of you to ask, potential joiner of this fantastic event. My idea is...... *drum roll*

wcx3Hwc.jpg

Basically I know of this great website called Rabbit that allows people to group stream stuff on the internet. It's sort of like a great internet theater. Everyone is inside a chatroom watching the same video stream. At the same time most of us could also be playing JKA on our second monitors (which most of us have. The rest of us might have to either choose between one or other or use windowed mode) thus creating an enhanced interest in the community. Ideally, the server (in-game location TBD, ideally if this goes well one of the remaining JKA clans will officially sanction the event and become the OFFICIAL hub) will experience an influx of people while the rest of us all get to watch a movie while playing our favorite game. What's better than that? Basically there will be a focus on old (IE: 1960s) SciFi movies since most of those are public domain (so no legal issues) and should have a high level of interest in the community.

THE DETAILS

*please note that the platform may change if rabbit doesn't work*

The Rabbit Room LInk that you will use to connect is: http://rabb.it/SWJKA

There will be a test run on April 2nd at 9PM CST. Actual streaming will begin 15 minutes in to allow for any technical issues that might arise (from me, or from users) to be fixed. I will begin accepting joins 15 minutes earlier for anyone would like to join earlier. The test run movie will be the 1964 classic.....

Last-Man-On-Earth-poster-2.jpg

The Last Man on Earth. This 1964 Sci-Fi horror classic is an early film adaptation of the famous novel I Am Legend where actor Vincent Prince fights as the last living man in a world full of undead Zombie Vampires. It is considered to be one of the greatest movies of the 1960s.

The results of the test run will determine if this project goes any further. I'm aiming for at least 5 viewers this time around. If there is enough interest there will be a double feature (films TBD) on the 7th of April at 8PM CST. If that too goes well it will continue every week there after with us cycling back and forth between UK and US timezone schedules. So basically 2 UK oriented streams, and 2 US oriented streams each month.

Who's Allowed to Come Watch

Basically these are the people who will be allowed in to watch:

* JKA Players
* Friends and Family of JKA Players Invited by them (please inform me if you invite anyone)

Obviously I can't restrict who joins the in game server wherever that might end up being.

That about wraps it up. I'm just trying to spread the word and hopefully rally some support. Please note that while I will not enforce any age restrictions chats on Rabbit will not be censored and adult oriented conversations will be permitted. If you become disruptive however you will be removed.

I'd love to hear the communities opinions leading up to the stream. Please let me hear your thoughts.

TL:DR
WHO: JKA Players, There Friends, There Family
WHERE: http://rabb.it/SWJKA
WHEN: 9PM CST, APRIL 2ND, 2018
WHAT: Streaming of the 1964 Sci-Fi Classic The Last Man on Earth
WHY: To have fun with JKA Community members and there friends and family

If a JKHub mod could make this a newspost that would be awesome and help the cause out a lot.

the_raven, TheWhitePhoenix and Smoo like this

Not to be a grammar nazi but...

OK. So first off.....

Who Am I?

I'm Cyb3rst0rm, 7 year veteran of the Jedi Knight Community. IRL I am William Stewart, a 19 year old Computer Science major with a secondary focus on small business from Anna, IL (whoo, go small town USA!). I've been interacting with this community to one degree or another for so long now that it seems appropriate for me to try to launch a sort of event to try and bring the community together for something. Also, I need something on my resume for organizing events (in this case very similar to a video conference). This leads us to the next question:

Gee Cyb3r, what brilliant idea do you have in mind?

How great of you to ask, potential joiner of this fantastic event. My idea is...... *drum roll*

Basically I know of this great website called Rabbit that allows people to group stream stuff on the internet. It's sort of like a great internet theater. Everyone is inside a chatroom, watching the same video stream. At the same time most of us could also be playing JKA on our second monitors (which most of us have). The rest of us might have to either choose between one or the other, or use windowed mode) thus creating an enhanced interest in the community. Ideally, the server (in-game location TBD, ideally if this goes well, one of the remaining JKA clans will officially sanction the event and become the OFFICIAL hub) will experience an influx of people while the rest of us all get to watch a movie while playing our favorite game. What could be better than that? Basically there will be a focus on old (IE: 1960s) SciFi movies since most of those are public domain (so no legal issues) and should have a high level of interest in the community.

THE DETAILS

*please note that the platform may change if Rabbit doesn't work*

The Rabbit Room Link that you will use to connect is: http://rabb.it/SWJKA

There will be a test run on April 2nd, at 9PM CST. Actual streaming will begin 15 minutes in to allow for any technical issues that might arise (from me, or from users) to be fixed. I will begin accepting joins 15 minutes earlier from anyone who would like to join earlier. The test run movie will be the 1964 classic.....

The Last Man on Earth. This 1964 Sci-Fi horror classic is an early film adaptation of the famous novel I Am Legend where actor Vincent Prince fights as the last living man in a world full of undead Zombie Vampires. It is considered to be one of the greatest movies of the 1960s.

The results of the test run will determine if this project goes any further. I'm aiming for at least 5 viewers this time around. If there is enough interest there will be a double feature (films TBD) on the 7th of April, at 8PM CST. If that too goes well, it will continue every week there after with us cycling back and forth between UK and US timezone schedules. So basically 2 UK oriented streams, and 2 US oriented streams each month.

Who's Allowed to Come Watch

Basically these are the people who will be allowed in, to watch:

* JKA Players
* Friends and Family of JKA Players, invited by them (please inform me if you invite anyone)

Obviously I can't restrict who joins the in game server wherever that might end up being.

That about wraps it up. I'm just trying to spread the word and hopefully rally some support. Please note that while I will not enforce any age restrictions chats on Rabbit will not be censored and adult oriented conversations will be permitted. If you become disruptive however, you will be removed.

I'd love to hear the community's opinions leading up to the stream. Please let me hear your thoughts.

TL:DR
WHO: JKA Players, their friends, their family
WHERE: http://rabb.it/SWJKA
WHEN: 9PM CST, APRIL 2ND, 2018
WHAT: Streaming of the 1964 Sci-Fi Classic The Last Man on Earth
WHY: To have fun with JKA Community members and their friends and family

If a JKHub mod could make this a newspost, that would be awesome and would help the cause out a lot.

...please correct. Good grammar makes you, as an organizer, look more professional ;)

Also, a fine selection, been itching to watch the older 'I am legend' adaptations for some time. I'm actually reading the original story right now.

As to the event, if you will still allow it, if my local time allows it (and if I don't forget - I'm quite absent-minded), I will participate.

@@Circa, shouldn't this topic be in a different section? Any way to make it more visible?

Smoo and TheWhitePhoenix like this