How big can a levelshot be?

Go to solution Solved by AshuraDX,

As far as I'm aware, a level shot's max size is 1024x1024. But I wanted to ask if it can be any bigger if possible.

I have no idea, easiest way ro figure that one out would be to try loading a 2048^2 texture as the levelshot.

Worst case scenario is that it crashes the game, but I doubt that there's any difference in handling these in comparison to other textures.

I have no idea, easiest way ro figure that one out would be to try loading a 2048^2 texture as the levelshot.

Worst case scenario is that it crashes the game, but I doubt that there's any difference in handling these in comparison to other textures.

One thing I do know it needs to be by the power of 2, which means NO ODD NUMBERS. My guess is that people should experiment on them and see what they come up with.

• Solution

I multipled it to 3072px just to see what happens. I got this:

JDErgNX.png

That is not a 2^n based resolution.

Try 2048 or 4096 squared.

One thing I do know it needs to be by the power of 2, which means NO ODD NUMBERS. My guess is that people should experiment on them and see what they come up with.

While it's true that textures need to be by the power of 2, and all numberd that fall into that category are even, the power of two criteria does not equal "no odd numbers". And all textures that are to be used in this game have to fullfill this criterium.
TheWhitePhoenix likes this

That is not a 2^n based resolution.

Try 2048 or 4096 squared.

While it's true that textures need to be by the power of 2, and all numberd that fall into that category are even, the power of two criteria does not equal "no odd numbers". And all textures that are to be used in this game have to fullfill this criterium.

This also can help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_of_two