Any Monkey Island fan here ? You can now buy Curse of monkey island from GoG and Steam.

I'm actually buying this from Steam sometime this week which is funny you posted it, actually. My friend had the second one wayyyy back in 92-93 and I remember watching him play it a bit. I had the Monkey Island that came out in 2000 but traded it away without finishing it. I miss this genre of PC games.

dg1995 likes this

The Monkey Island games are a part of my childhood. I've played the first two games on an Amiga system, which is probably the best way to experience such classic games. That was over 20 years ago.

The third game was equally great as the first ones. Escape from Monkey Island on the other hand was not Monkey Island anymore, at least not to me.

I recommend anyone who never played these games to give them a try. They're totally worth it, just like any other classic LucasArts adventure games.

@@IrocJeff

Have you tried Thimbleweed Park? It's by Ron Gilbert, who made the Monkey Island games. It was released last year on Steam.

dg1995 likes this

@@IrocJeff

Have you tried Thimbleweed Park? It's by Ron Gilbert, who made the Monkey Island games. It was released last year on Steam.

I checked it out at work this morning and one of my coworkers said it was pretty good. I'll have to check that out after Monkey Island. Thanks for the recommendation.

I really love the music in Curse of Monkey Island, played it a lot when I was younger. That wacky reggae playing as you stand inside a snake, grabbing blindly for ingredients which you must mix in some ridiculous combination to make it spew you out.

It really surprises me that people are willing to pay 7 euros for this old game.

As an additional note, Monkey Island 1 and 2 are 10 euros each!

The same goes also for the original Half-Life, also 10 euros.

Too expensive for games that are 20 tot 25 years old now . . .

Signature.jpg