MP to SP skin conversion advanced

Hi there!

I've been looking everywhere on the web, trying to find out how to convert a multiplayer skin to singleplayer compatibility. Before you guys say anything, yes, I have seen the tutorials on how to convert using the .skin files, but the one I want to convert is a bit more... advanced. I'll show you what I mean.

PwLu1Bb.png

Please end my pain and explain to me how the **** to do this.

Smoo likes this

Topic moved to Modding Assistance forum.

What exactly is advanced about it? Because it has multiple skin versions? Are you wanting all of those versions in the SP menu?

Okay so, take model_default.skin as an example... Break it up into head_a1, torso_a1 and lower_a1 in line with the tutorials you mentioned you've already read. Make an icon for each .skin with an identical name. Then for model_hood.skin split it up into head_b1, torso_b2 and lower_b1. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the outfits! As Circa said, what's particularly more advanced that you need help with?  :)

• 11 months later...

If you read thew tutorials, it should be really easy. as @MagSul said, you just need to:

• split the desired skin file(s) into head, torso and lower skin files.
  • create an icon for each skin file.
  • add the "playerchoice.txt" file

See this post  for details: https://jkhub.org/topic/8435-we-need-some-tulak-hord/page-1?do=findComment&comment=121542

If you did it right, now you should have at least one skin/option available in SP.

If you want other model options (from your screenshot above), do the same process  for each "model_xxxxx.skin" file option and increment the number of the files (head_a2 & icon_head_a1, head_a3 & icon_head_a3 and so on).

for example (assuming you already used the model_default as shown in the example on the link above): 

1. Copy model_camo.skin as

• head_a2.skin
  • torso_a2.skin
  • lower_a2.skin

2. Cleanup each individual file (if you have multiple selection options, you must cleanup the head,torso and lower skin files (otherwise you will not be able to "mix and match" head / torso / lower options).

3. Create the icon files (ie: icon_head_a2.jpg, icon_torso_a2.jpg and icon_lower_a2.jpg)

Now you have 2 options to select in the SP menu. Repeat for each model option.

if the head remains exactly the same for all the model variants, you can have just one head skin file (and icon) for the head, and use the torso files to change the options.

You can use these files as examples:

Toshi's ROTJ Luke Skywalker Version 2

Luke Skywalker - Grand Master (Legends)