No textures on lightsaber

Go to solution Solved by The Punisher,

I'm currently using @@Kualan 's Ventress pack https://jkhub.org/files/file/2941-asajj-ventress-bounty-hunter-pack/

Which is great except that her sabers are the no texture white instead of the custom textures 

I checked the model .skin file and it seems fine but I'm not sure what's wrong with it

Here's what that file says (the .jpg in the same folder is called saber)

keshire_saber,models/weapons2/saber_ventressk/saber
keshire_activate,models/weapons2/saber_ventressk/saber
keshire_button1,models/weapons2/saber_ventressk/saber
keshire_button2,models/weapons2/saber_ventressk/saber

I'm having a similar problem, but with a custom model. May or may not be related.

If you don't mind could you try downloading the mod just to see if there are no textures for you as well? I'm not sure if it's the mod or on my end (I've tried redownloading but no luck)

• Solution

Sabers usually have the texture names hard-coded into the ".glm" file. In this case, it points to "saber_ventress" but the folder name is "saber_ventressk" 

You can fix it by opening the saber file in Blender and fixing the folder name

6NgRSkP.png

Or use a hex Editor to fix it (if you know how to edit it without messing it up). Since the saber is split (saber, buttons, etc.). You will need to fix it for each mesh.part.

oyDrmtJ.png

Pickles256 and Langerd like this

Sabers usually have the texture names hard-coded into the ".glm" file. In this case, it points to "saber_ventress" but the folder name is "saber_ventressk" 

6NgRSkP.png

Or use a hex Editor to fix it (if you know how to edit it without messing it up). Since the saber is split (saber, buttons, etc.). You will need to fix it for each mesh.part.

oyDrmtJ.png

If possible and you don;t  mind could you please do this and send me the glm? 

6NgRSkP.png

oyDrmtJ.png

Or could I just switch the folder name and contents in it to ventress instead of ventressk?