Sign in to follow this  
OfficialRedNation

file error

Seems you've got it figured out now, looking at the submission queue?

If not:

• Your file is probably over the 50mb upload limit; try linking it externally instead (upload it to Google Drive or something temporarily)
  • Your file might not be a .zip file
  • Try another browser, you might have a browser plugin/setting breaking the uploader. Try switching to the basic uploader on the file upload page as well.

EDIT: you ninja'd my post just then.

Speaking of which - why .zip?

Because it is natively supported on all Operating Systems.

Really? Why download winrar at all then? :huh:

For .rar files and other compressed formats.

For .rar files and other compressed formats.

Kinda makes no sense, doesn't it? I mean, most OS already support the .zip compressed format (does this mean the zip compressor is native to most systems already?), but for some reason people still needed .rar and .7z and whatever. I think I'm missing a car in this train of thought :huh::(

Kinda makes no sense, doesn't it? I mean, most OS already support the .zip compressed format (does this mean the zip compressor is native to most systems already?), but for some reason people still needed .rar and .7z and whatever. I think I'm missing a car in this train of thought :huh::(

.rar and .7z offer better compression rates than .zip, this means smaller filesizes.

Really? Why download winrar at all then? :huh:

Its in the name of the program: WinRAR was originally for RAR files, and now supports many other compressed formats. But yes, we require ZIP files so people don't need to download external software to use mods downloaded from us.

MagSul likes this

.rar and .7z offer better compression rates than .zip, this means smaller filesizes.

Its in the name of the program: WinRAR was originally for RAR files, and now supports many other compressed formats. But yes, we require ZIP files so people don't need to download external software to use mods downloaded from us.

Ah, i see. Thanks for clearing it up.