For .rar files and other compressed formats.

Kinda makes no sense, doesn't it? I mean, most OS already support the .zip compressed format (does this mean the zip compressor is native to most systems already?), but for some reason people still needed .rar and .7z and whatever. I think I'm missing a car in this train of thought :huh::(

Kinda makes no sense, doesn't it? I mean, most OS already support the .zip compressed format (does this mean the zip compressor is native to most systems already?), but for some reason people still needed .rar and .7z and whatever. I think I'm missing a car in this train of thought :huh::(

.rar and .7z offer better compression rates than .zip, this means smaller filesizes.

Really? Why download winrar at all then? :huh:

Its in the name of the program: WinRAR was originally for RAR files, and now supports many other compressed formats. But yes, we require ZIP files so people don't need to download external software to use mods downloaded from us.

MagSul likes this

.rar and .7z offer better compression rates than .zip, this means smaller filesizes.

Its in the name of the program: WinRAR was originally for RAR files, and now supports many other compressed formats. But yes, we require ZIP files so people don't need to download external software to use mods downloaded from us.

Ah, i see. Thanks for clearing it up.