HUMANOID SKEL NPC: BOC

Bloody awesome!

You'll need to match the root/rigging pose of the base JKA humanoid, though.

Yes the pose will be adjusted later on. For sculpting the original root pose is very ugly. But I have a question do all the polycount limits still apply ? I remember also separate limbs, that would be necessary information for the low poly.

1000 tris / 500 verts per mesh object is the limit.

Basic required limbs hierarchy: you don't have to chop them as shown here. The cloth on Boc's arm and legs would be ideal locations to chop off for example. Additional "limbs" can be created as long as they are linked back to a parent mesh, "head_glasses" would be linked back to the "head" parent.

image001.jpg
If you are going to use 3D Max for rigging, exporting and compiling then you will need to grab the updated .XSI exporter for your max version. There's also an updated md3 plugin if needed (weapons & prefabs). The plugins can be found right here on the hub in files section as well as a skeleton with tags properly weighted i believe. There's also a hierarchy script to get all the tags and limbs correctly linked (not sure if it's available here though). --------> Utilities

DT85 and sebcrea like this

Pretty sure he's using Softimage, you can grab the skeleton files here, perhaps join the discord if you need some advice on how to set it up.

I'd also be willing to fully set up whatever models ANY of the members make though just so that they don't have to bother with it if they wanna move on to something else.

Putting it in the root pose will make it easier for me but I can still pose it later although ZBRush posing tools seem to be much faster than in traditional 3D software.

sebcrea likes this

That Boc looks straight out of the cutscenes! :) Best Boc model I have seen, maybe when all the DF2 models are complete we could have a separate DF2 character pack that can be downloaded on the hub. Anyway, keep up the awesome work! This work is insanely good!

That Boc looks straight out of the cutscenes! :) Best Boc model I have seen, maybe when all the DF2 models are complete we could have a separate DF2 character pack that can be downloaded on the hub. Anyway, keep up the awesome work! This work is insanely good!

Won't be possible unless the artists make base jka compatible textures.