SAO: Kirito and his Swords

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a mod project called "Sword Art Academy", and I have a Kirito model ported by @@The4thRemnant. However, I know that I'll never be allowed to release it with a ported model. So, perhaps a Frankenstein combined with a bit of extra work for the head and accessories would be better. Could someone take this model, add a few of Kirito's accessories, and make a head that looks like him? (With @@Scerendo's permission, of course) That would be great.

As for the swords, I wouldn't mind having a port of these models for the sake of a placeholder and referencing, but they will need to be properly made too, of course.

And now, reference images:

Elucidator:

7195.png

Dark Repulser:

7196.png

Current Ported model:

7329.png

In-Anime References:

Kirito.png

Kirito_Sword_Art_Online.png

Thanks guys :D

Smoo and scp_chaos1 like this

Meh, that's alright. Opinions are opinions. Sword Art Academy is actually going to be a total conversion, so there's that. I've already made a map for this, and a few scripts as well.

I mostly chose to do this because Jedi Academy is known for its amazing saber combat, and SAO (the game) is supposed to be based around sword combat. However, there is not a single SAO game that has sword combat that's actually good; half-decent, maybe, but nothing good.

@Rooxon does not take requests anymore, Rooxon has a full-time "job", owns a bakery that runs pretty much 24/7, day and night shifts. Rooxon models only for the projects he's in, currently :D (actually i don't even find the time for that anymore).... but then again, it's about time i post another file soon.

I was a big-time fan of SAO back in the day when it was still running. But i am sorry, i probably will not do these swords (at least not at the moment). But given how simple they are, it should not be tough even for a newcomer to create - if you decide to give it a try yourself, you can hit me up for help and tips. But i would appreciate you watching a few tutorials beforehand so i don't have to explain every detail step-by-step.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One down, another one on the way.

33226086_10212986031338882_1362010966526

33202867_10212986029778843_4689660578455

Holy crap, that looks awesome! One small bit of feedback though: I know the textures for Dark Repulser aren't finished and are just placeholders, but IMO you should make it a lighter shade of blue.

sao.jpg

Oh no no no, these colors are just for material separation and the model is the high-poly - it's never going in-game. Don't worry, I've been watching the show's first season way back, I know how it is supposed to look like. ;)

Ah, okay lol. I had a feeling it was something like that. By the way, are you gonna be uploading these to the Downloads section?

Ah, okay lol. I had a feeling it was something like that. By the way, are you gonna be uploading these to the Downloads section?

I'll release them as a mod, yeah sure. some people post stuff they do here in the topics, while it's meant for the one that requested it, I'd rather post it publicly for all other possible fans to know about.

Smoo and Droidy365 like this

I'll release them as a mod, yeah sure. some people post stuff they do here in the topics, while it's meant for the one that requested it, I'd rather post it publicly for all other possible fans to know about.

They mostly do so because a lot of the stuff that is requested and shared here contains ported material that will not be hosted on this site.

Droidy365 and Rooxon like this