You do know that the last reply in that topic is from 2016? Who knows if he or she is still working on that map.

There was once a Dagobah map for Jedi Outcast. However, it just looked like a simple swamp and didn't actually feel like Dagobah.

I haven't seen one for Jedi Academy. Didn't @@GPChannel work on a Dagobah map for his The Force Awakens mod?

Considering that the demand for a Dagobah map is high enough, all I have to say is this to everyone who has made at least one functional map:

Start googling for any reference you can find; still images, 3D models and screenshots. Want an extra challenge? Don't use ported materials.

Now go and make this Dagobah map!

Droidy365 and GPChannel like this

There is no Dagobah levels. Just like theres no Otuh Gunga levels either, except the one from @@ShroomDuck which is very simple. Just too much involved I think. Lots of trees and bush and vines like Endor only more so. Maybe ASE the whole map?

?

Have you seen this Otoh Gunga map? http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Academy/Maps/Free%20For%20All/53757/

But you're correct there is no Dagobah map.

bigphil2695 likes this

I´m pretty shocked that no one has made Dagobah map yet. There are tons of non-movie maps and halloween contest maps but when it comes to Original trilogy stuff, there aren´t too many. Same with models. It´s quite shame that we have tons of quality prequel and now sequel models but really importnant character like Han Solo, Leia or Chewbacca still have only one model from JK2 days and rest are ports that can´t be even released.

the_raven likes this

I think that the problem is that in order to pull off a convincing looking Dagobah the vegetation and tree canopy needs to be extremely dense - something just not incredibly feasible in JKA without destroying the user's frame rate. Maybe it could be done if it was just Yoda's Hovel and the immediate surroundings.

I think that the problem is that in order to pull off a convincing looking Dagobah the vegetation and tree canopy needs to be extremely dense - something just not incredibly feasible in JKA without destroying the user's frame rate. Maybe it could be done if it was just Yoda's Hovel and the immediate surroundings.

Or one can go with Build Engine's approach and make the tree canopy into a single physical object, like a roof :lol: but maybe use Q3 engine's ability to make the object actually not physical, so one could jump trough it :rolleyes:

RebelChum likes this

I´m pretty shocked that no one has made Dagobah map yet. There are tons of non-movie maps and halloween contest maps but when it comes to Original trilogy stuff, there aren´t too many. Same with models. It´s quite shame that we have tons of quality prequel and now sequel models but really importnant character like Han Solo, Leia or Chewbacca still have only one model from JK2 days and rest are ports that can´t be even released.

Have you tried conceptually mapping Dagobah? The reason there isn't any map of that planet is because it seems like an absolute impossible task. How could someone even come close to achieve the atmosphere of that planet? You'd need a ton of models and new textures.

Have you tried conceptually mapping Dagobah? The reason there isn't any map of that planet is because it seems like an absolute impossible task. How could someone even come close to achieve the atmosphere of that planet? You'd need a ton of models and new textures.

Or to just recreate the Dagobah maps from the original Battlefront 2 or TFU 2 -_-

Note that I said 'recreate' not 'port' ;)

Lancelot likes this

Or to just recreate the Dagobah maps from the original Battlefront 2 or TFU 2 -_-

Note that I said 'recreate' not 'port' ;)

That's exactly what I mean. Trying to recreate the Dagobah map from Battlefront 2 in GTKRadiant sounds almost insane. You'd need to create the terrain in a 3d modeling software like Blender or 3dsmax and also a bunch of vines, trees and stumps. Also, the fog and water shaders that may or may not affect FPS. 

Anyone is free to try on his own to create a map, but basically what @@RAILBACK said, it's a lot of work. 

That thread made me a bit wary because it was a grocery list of specific things, where as this thread is more about any part of Dagobah. I feel like if we can get any part of Dagobah, it'll be a win for everyone. And there's no map to post anywhere yet, lol

Honestly I just want Yoda's hut and that area

RebelChum likes this