Anyone else like to make "mini-campaigns" for alt player models?

Like what I've done with @@DT85 's maul and savage (And also @@Tompa9 's CW maul) is a mini campaign of sorts

"Level 1" is The Rogue map with the hooded maul (I pretend it's an assassination rather than a capture on a mission for the emporer)

"Level 2" Is Rail as another mission from the emporer to stop the criminals/rogue sith

"Level 3" Is the Ladder JKA remake by @@Circa where Maul is trying to seize power, I usually get defeated (I'm using sabermorerealistic_3 so it's tougher) and if I'm lucky it's a cut in half which helps it flow better

"Level 4" Is the prison letter with maul (with the TCW skin) breaking out

"Level 5" is Wedge is Maul (with npc savage) taking out an imperial base (I skip cutscenes and pretend they're bombs instead of help from wedge)

"Level 6" is finally the ladder again

Anyone else like to make mini campaigns like this?

Smoo likes this

So, you're basically asking for someone to make a single player campaign using Maul and jka maps?

...no? This isn't about mods just that I use them? I just load save files. I'm asking if anyone else plays missions with alt player models for mini campaigns

I actually remember once or twice downloading some such saves with mp maps, they were supposedly telling Jaden's story, but I'm not sure if they're still available. Might be worth checking out the downloads section.

Update: Ok, so I did some digging around on here, but found nothing (I can swear we had a saves category on here!), so I also hit Mrwonko's and found something. For example, this (https://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Academy/Maps/Map%20Packs/37270/) pack does something with a few sp maps, though I'm not sure what it is, I think they simply made the maps playable in mp. I'll keep looking.

Pickles256 likes this

When I was rather young, I used to do this a lot with the LEGO Games; LEGO Star Wars II, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

Sometimes I used to do this with JA, too - though I used the old KotF. Man, this takes me back. 

• I remember going around on SJC's EpIII Mustafar as Obi-Wan, fighting Anakin and a bunch of Grans I had spawned in that got in the way - they ruined the cinematic feel of the fight, but they certainly added to the challenge. Then, once Anakin was beaten, there would be a helluva-lotta Grans w/ Thermal Detonators on the way back to the ship.
  • In Base JA, I recently made a challenge on Taspir (mp/ffa5) where there were a bunch of enemy Player NPCs with all sorts of different weapons (mostly repeaters), a decent amount of health and a lot of difficulty. I mostly made this for the sake of testing my Crosshair mod that I probably won't be releasing any time soon.

Who knows how I remember all that lol.

Pickles256 likes this

Also, I wouldn't mind making that first one into a mod - maybe not with the same characters, but make it into some assassin/bounty hunter assassinating a senator.

IMO that would be cool. Who would the Bounty Hunter be though? The Mercs would be replaced with @@JAWSFreelao's Senate Commandos, if he doesn't mind.

Perhaps it could be @@Langerd's bounty hunter in the Bespin map - like a sort of spin-off.

JAWSFreelao likes this

Also, I wouldn't mind making that first one into a mod - maybe not with the same characters, but make it into some assassin/bounty hunter assassinating a senator.

IMO that would be cool. Who would the Bounty Hunter be though? The Mercs would be replaced with @@JAWSFreelao's Senate Commandos, if he doesn't mind.

Perhaps it could be @@Langerd's bounty hunter in the Bespin map - like a sort of spin-off.

Could be ventress with the mask from @@Kualan 's mod. Yeah that could be cool!

Droidy365 likes this

Notify me if you end up doing this please! (Same with that other replace mod for the praetorian guards, BTW did you see what I was saying about possibly using the alt model for them, if so thoughts?)

Hearing someone wants to use my models turns me on.

Therefore, go for it compadre.

the_raven, Droidy365 and Jeff like this
  • 4 weeks later...

I would play single player campaigns. Anything from a short story, single map mission to a full campaign. Star Wars is about telling stories, not just the visuals. So I would be delighted to see some standalone missions with an original story behind some Star Wars iconic happening.

Smoo, the_raven and Noodle like this